Review the Dec. LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Review the Dec. LSAT

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:51 pm

We're hosting a live online review of the Dec. LSAT next Tuesday (it's free). If you want to geek out with us, sign-up.

We haven't analyzed the test yet, so hard to say what we'll focus on, but we usually do at least one game, and then some combination of LR and RC. I'm partial to looking at one of the passages this time.

Congrats to everyone who's satisfied with their score - it's pretty rare to fool the LSAT about your ability, so you earned it!

plan2succeed88

New

Re: Review the Dec. LSAT

Post by plan2succeed88 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:24 pm

I have to retake the test in Feb because I did not do so well. I am wondering what do you suggest for a bad test taker? I usually have to take standardized test two times before I get my desired score. I was told that the Manhattan Books were good but I would like to know if you can break down what I can expect from those study books if I decide to purchase them. Thank You.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:21 pm

plan2succeed88 wrote:I have to retake the test in Feb because I did not do so well. I am wondering what do you suggest for a bad test taker? I usually have to take standardized test two times before I get my desired score. I was told that the Manhattan Books were good but I would like to know if you can break down what I can expect from those study books if I decide to purchase them. Thank You.
I'd love to give you a solid answer, but a lot of this depends on the specifics of your story. If you simply freaked out, then hitting the preptests is perhaps all it takes (though often freaking out means you don't have the strategies mastered). From your post it sounds like the issue is a bit deeper, and so you'll want to quickly start building up your foundation. You should know what you need to do with each question type, so you're not constantly figuring out your approach during the test. The LSAT throws enough curves, don't add more by "winging it."

If you don't have the time to dig deep until the Feb. exam, I'd probably recommend pushing back until June. The Feb. exam is rarely a good move in terms of the application cycle (there are a few caveats, but probably these don't apply to you), so it's a good exam to take if you've got momentum and want to bang it out now. But, if you really didn't do the work, it may not be in your best interest. I wonder why you end up needing to take exams twice. Perhaps you're not taking enough practice tests, or maybe you need the kick in the butt. Interesting.

As for what's in our books, they're full of the secret 180-guarantee tips that have been used by successful...just kidding! Probably the best thing is to take a look at the sample chapters that are on our site: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/lsat-books.cfm For LG, we have a few diagram approaches that are different and our books emphasize flexibility; for RC, we created an approach that is based on what the LSAT is testing and a way to adjust your reading to match it; and for LR, we try to help you develop your intuitive understanding of arguments and how to debate them, and how to draw connections between the question types instead of over-categorizing them. If you need more structure, you may also want to consider the self-study program. It has videos of our classes, and you get all our books and all the LSATs, and it's not too expensive ($400).

Good luck with your prep, and feel free to reach out if you have other questions (even if it's not about our stuff).

kroakstool

Bronze

Post by kroakstool » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:30 pm

I don't have an item response report. Any idea why?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:53 pm

kroakstool wrote:I don't have an item response report. Any idea why?
That's really weird. I haven't heard of that (maybe someone else here has?). I'd give LSAC a call. They're rather friendly usually.

- N

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Muahahahaha

New

Post by Muahahahaha » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:01 pm

kroakstool wrote:I don't have an item response report. Any idea why?
For me it didn't show up on my ipad but did on my pc... try checking it on a different computer?

kroakstool

Bronze

Post by kroakstool » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:06 pm

The page comes up but there are no answers or credited reponses on it.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 pm

kroakstool wrote:The page comes up but there are no answers or credited reponses on it.
Then that sounds like a computer issue. Try logging in from someone else's computer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”