Study Materials-- What gives me what? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gobosox

Bronze

Study Materials-- What gives me what?

Post by gobosox » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm starting to gather my LSAT prep materials. I'm looking online and on the TLS forums to find what to get, but I'm confused as to what I should buy.

I want every past LSAT test. Do I need to buy them individually? I also hear the "Bibles" are good resources-- are they mostly methodologies or are they mostly practice questions or both? I searched the forums to try and find a thread on WHAT is in each book, but couldn't really find what I wanted. Since the bookstores I went to didn't have the books to thumb through, I'll buy them online and want to make sure I'm not wasting my money and getting what I want!

Bonus question: Should I just take a course to start my studying and then continue studying on my own afterwards with their material? I feel like I can teach myself most of it from books.

D'Angelo

Bronze

Re: Study Materials-- What gives me what?

Post by D'Angelo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:40 pm

a course is not necessary for a good score! depending on your diagnostic self-study may be just fine...it was just fine for many of us!

ExcelBaller

New

Re: Study Materials-- What gives me what?

Post by ExcelBaller » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:14 am

Bibles - great for lg foundation. Specific methods for each game type
Ok for lr to get familiar with question types. Look for some of my longer posts about lg. I don't tutor LSAT but feel confident my schedule and tips I picked up could help you become a pro at lg
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7#p4965837
Manhattan lr study guide - i think its awesome to take lr to the next level and get specific on how to attack question types

You can buy the actual official 10 lsats for the full tests. The newer tests will have to be purchased individually

I don't recommend anything Kaplan

I bought all my LSAT material on amazon

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”