What is good unconventional practice for LR/LG? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ampm

New

What is good unconventional practice for LR/LG?

Post by ampm » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Hey Guys

I want to know what are some brain games i.e. chess, dense reading, outside activities, etc. that you guys do to stay sharp for LR and LG.

For example, I think I might start playing chess again just because its logical nature might help the way I think for the LSAT.

Any other activities you guys think might be helpful for developing the type of thinking necessary for either LR or LG.

Thanks everyone!

Geetar Man

Silver

Re: What is good unconventional practice for LR/LG?

Post by Geetar Man » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:28 pm

ampm wrote:Hey Guys

I want to know what are some brain games i.e. chess, dense reading, outside activities, etc. that you guys do to stay sharp for LR and LG.

For example, I think I might start playing chess again just because its logical nature might help the way I think for the LSAT.

Any other activities you guys think might be helpful for developing the type of thinking necessary for either LR or LG.

Thanks everyone!

While I think that doing things that require thinking and reasoning is good in general, I feel that doing this for a short period of time will not necessarily help you. It could be better if you just practice the LSAT questions, review them, and understand your mistakes would be a bit more beneficial for you.

But, if you just want to do something extra, it is recommended by many people to start reading The Economist. A lot of people say these readings sometimes match or are similar to the dense nature of the RC section. Plus, reading in general is better for you since you want to go to LS.

Hope that helps!

ExcelBaller

New

Re: What is good unconventional practice for LR/LG?

Post by ExcelBaller » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:36 pm

I recommend 2 things that are unconventional but related:
1 write your own problems for LG
2 rework problems in your head, that touve already done, when you have down time. (driving, walking the dog, sitting around the house) this will help you internalize LG rules and argument structure for LR

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”