Actual LSAT Release Dates vs. Projected LSAT Release Dates Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Actual LSAT Release Dates vs. Projected LSAT Release Dates

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 pm

http://www.lsattips.com/general-lsat-qa ... ase-dates/

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up multiple times. The average amount of days for the test to be released is 20 days.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: Actual LSAT Release Dates vs. Projected LSAT Release Dates

Post by LSAT Blog » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Here is some up-to-date information that's specific to the December LSAT:

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:46 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Here is some up-to-date information that's specific to the December LSAT:

Just by eyeballing the projected release date compared to the day that the test was administered I am going to guess the 27th. Just a guess. I don't think there's anyway that it will be released after the new year.

gwu1996

New

Post by gwu1996 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:Just by eyeballing the projected release date compared to the day that the test was administered I am going to guess the 27th. Just a guess. I don't think there's anyway that it will be released after the new year.
After learning the release date is scheduled to be January 6, 2012, I called to inquire. I was informed they'll be on vacation the last week of the year. That said, it's pretty disappointing they're taking so long, given prep courses start at the beginning of January. It's a lot of coin to drop when you may or may not need to retake the test. Hopefully the result is out before Christmas.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:34 pm

gwu1996 wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:Just by eyeballing the projected release date compared to the day that the test was administered I am going to guess the 27th. Just a guess. I don't think there's anyway that it will be released after the new year.
After learning the release date is scheduled to be January 6, 2012, I called to inquire. I was informed they'll be on vacation the last week of the year. That said, it's pretty disappointing they're taking so long, given prep courses start at the beginning of January. It's a lot of coin to drop when you may or may not need to retake the test. Hopefully the result is out before Christmas.
I would think the employees would be granted a vacation after scoring the test. They probably score the test and GTFO!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kimchiman87

New

Post by kimchiman87 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Man, I would love a 22nd or 23rd! But 28th or 29th seem the most likely... :x

3v3ryth1ng

Bronze

Post by 3v3ryth1ng » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:08 am

kimchiman87 wrote:Man, I would love a 22nd or 23rd! But 28th or 29th seem the most likely... :x
My money is on the 23rd. That's 20 days from the test administration, which seems doable considering the number of test takers is probably way down this year.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:04 am

It's never been more than 25 days wait, and the LSAC is going on vacay on the 24th. 20 days is the average, and would make it the day before the lsac goes on vacation. I think all signs point to Friday.

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:09 am

I have to point out that on the last two administrations LSAC released scores just two days before the scheduled release date and both of these administrations, I believe, had significant drops in overall number of test takers. So I wouldn't put much stock in the idea that a similar drop in December is going to make things go any quicker.

December is typically released the earliest relative to the announced date and I certainly hope the 23rd is our lucky day, but I'm banking on 12/30.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:45 am

thelong wrote:I have to point out that on the last two administrations LSAC released scores just two days before the scheduled release date and both of these administrations, I believe, had significant drops in overall number of test takers. So I wouldn't put much stock in the idea that a similar drop in December is going to make things go any quicker.

December is typically released the earliest relative to the announced date and I certainly hope the 23rd is our lucky day, but I'm banking on 12/30.
If that was the case that would make it the longest amount of time for the scores to be released since AT LEAST 2003. All the evidence is going against your prediction.

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:51 am

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
thelong wrote:I have to point out that on the last two administrations LSAC released scores just two days before the scheduled release date and both of these administrations, I believe, had significant drops in overall number of test takers. So I wouldn't put much stock in the idea that a similar drop in December is going to make things go any quicker.

If that was the case that would make it the longest amount of time for the scores to be released since AT LEAST 2003. All the evidence is going against your prediction.
All the evidence? No. Some evidence? Sure. About as much evidence that indicates that we'll see scores on Friday.

I'd love to see scores on Friday, but having gone through the wait twice now and seen the same thing happen (optimistic score release predictions followed by disappointment followed by revised predictions) both times, I have to go with my gut on this and say not until the following week.

sportgirl234

New

Post by sportgirl234 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:02 pm

i just feel like to wait until after christmas with a rather early admin date would be unnecessary. and granted the way lsac does it is not the most logical way but scores being released this week does not seem too far fetched when you consider that when administered in the first week of dec scores have almost always been out before xmas

3v3ryth1ng

Bronze

Post by 3v3ryth1ng » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Well, this topic has been done to death in at least 3 threads for this administration.
You'll know when you know.
/thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MellowMantis

New

Post by MellowMantis » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:49 pm

December 27th.

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:33 pm

The past 7 decembers have had a release date 8.42 days ahead of schedule. This would give us Dec 28th

The past 7 decembers have had a release date 21.14 days from the test. This would give us Dec 24th.

Taking these 2 in the middle I am going to go with Monday the 26th. BOOK IT

Ohiobumpkin

Silver

Post by Ohiobumpkin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:58 pm

barneytrouble wrote:The past 7 decembers have had a release date 8.42 days ahead of schedule. This would give us Dec 28th

The past 7 decembers have had a release date 21.14 days from the test. This would give us Dec 24th.

Taking these 2 in the middle I am going to go with Monday the 26th. BOOK IT

The dates in 2005 and 2010 are outliers though, so those numbers would skew your result downward. Either way, I think a pre-Christmas release is likely.

Ohiobumpkin

Silver

Post by Ohiobumpkin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:05 pm

By getting rid of the 4s in the difference column, and the 26 in the days from test column, I got 10.2 days for the average number of days difference, and 20.33 for the number of days after the test.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ExcelBaller

New

Post by ExcelBaller » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:08 pm

oh LSAC quit playing more mind games and just send the scores.

LegallyRed

New

Post by LegallyRed » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:25 pm

why cant lsac just quit mind f----ing us and release the friggggggin scores already. I dont know how many times I have hit the refresh button already today on lsac.org and my email. :evil: :roll: :shock: :cry:

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Have you noticed that LSAC has "told us to wait the longest" this time? From Dec 3rd to Jan 6th, that is 33 days, longer than all those of the previous years.

LegallyRed

New

Post by LegallyRed » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:56 pm

oh yes I have definitely noticed, I can not tell you how many release date predictor sites I've been on today alone... I am seriously thinking about unplugging my computer and purposely involving myself in something extremely time consuming like running around the block and passing out
They are probably all in the Bahamas laughing it up right now, seeing as how they are on vacation...you would think they would have those scores done BEFORE they left on vacation,,,,, 9 months of studying , and a longer wait time....go figure.... whatever happened to the 20 day average then "BAM" there's your score? :?: :cry:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beverly

New

Post by beverly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 am

Does anyone else think that the LSAC people completely lazy and worthless. They had less tests to grade this year, and all they do is charge more and more fees for doing less work.
Last edited by beverly on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:42 am

something is definitely going on.

ExcelBaller

New

Post by ExcelBaller » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:02 pm

I second the laziness comment. Look, all I know is that it is a bubbled in scantron answer sheet! go run the stupid scantron through the machine, and post the scores. I have professors with a couple hundred students to grade finals and they get them out within a week. surely lsac has enough proctors and administrators to accommodate the test takers. UGH!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”