How to study for June 2012 test Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Hjones33

Bronze

How to study for June 2012 test

Post by Hjones33 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:04 pm

I am retaking the LSAT aiming for the June 2012 test. I am planning on taking Testmasters class right before the test but I am wondering what I should do in the mean time. I want to start studying again (I used powerscore books during the summer before the oct test, but feel that I didn't study as good as I could because my LR and LC didn't seem to improve much) and I am wondering what I should do. I want to do more practice tests as I feel that was a huge downfall of not taking the pts before my last lsat, instead just breaking them up into sections.

My only worry is that I don't want to take any practice tests that will be in my testmasters class. Or should I not even worry about that? Anyway, any help on what I should do before my testmasters class would be awesome! thanks!

cutecarmel

Silver

Re: How to study for June 2012 test

Post by cutecarmel » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 pm

One thing I wish I would have done, but didn't do enough of, is review my incorrect answers. I would look over old practice test, figure out why your wrong answers are wrong, and practice them until you master them (or get close)

As for fear of repeating tests, I would just work on earlier ones, as testmasters will probably give you more recent ones. Once the course starts, you can ask which tests you will take, and take recent ones that are not those ones.

ExcelBaller

New

Post by ExcelBaller » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 pm

LG: Do every single game you can get your hands on 3 times. When I went in to the Dec test I owned LG because of this.

LR: Do LR Bible by Powerscore and get Manhattan LSAT LR Strategy Guide. This helped me tremendously in the last week of prep with assumption family questions.

RC: Do these, they suck, they are boring, they are long. I did a quite a few RC sections but not nearly enough of review on the questions I missed. I should have bought more material on RC strategy. I had a tough time with the RC section on Dec test.

Spend more time up front working individual problem types, as you progress do more mixed review, then start taking full timed tests and going over problem questions. Make your full tests 5 sections in length, use the actual scantron provided int he official lsat books.. If you have an iPhone download the Test Proctor app and it will be exactly like taking the real thing. Take test at home, at the library, take them isolated, and take them in public. Live LSAT and you will own.

Hjones33

Bronze

Post by Hjones33 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks for the tips!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”