Need to decide whether to cancel! Which was the Experimental Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fumagalli

New

Need to decide whether to cancel! Which was the Experimental

Post by fumagalli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:02 pm

?
I took the test in Hong Kong and I had two LG's. One was easy and one was hard. The easy one contained planting trees and I don't remember the others. The hard one contained subjects such as articles and voicemails webmails and some other stuff that I don't remember.

Can anyone who took the test in Asia verify which one was the real deal? Anyone who had only one LG.

SublimeStyle

New

Re: Need to decide whether to cancel! Which was the Experimental

Post by SublimeStyle » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:21 pm

The trees one was experimental. I had only 1 LG section and mine had the questions you mentioned from the harder section.

clarified_butter

Bronze

Post by clarified_butter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:46 pm

How can you tell which section is experimental? I'm always amazed how people think that they know. Enlighten me.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:51 pm

clarified_butter wrote:How can you tell which section is experimental? I'm always amazed how people think that they know. Enlighten me.
Since not everyone has the same "type" of experimental section, you can figure out what was the actual section by asking someone who had a different extra section.

For example, I may have had 2 LGs, 2 LRs, and 1 RC. You may have had 1 LG, 2 RC, and 2 LR. If you asked me what RC I had, you'd know which of yours was experimental (it'd be the one I didn't have).

fumagalli

New

Post by fumagalli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:54 pm

clarified_butter wrote:How can you tell which section is experimental? I'm always amazed how people think that they know. Enlighten me.
Wow. It's simple logic really. (I mean like REALLY simple)
As far as I know, people taking a certain test in the same administrative location (say, Asia) on the same date take the same test right?

And let's say that there is someone who got two LG sections and there is someone who got only one LG section. Then obviously the person who got only one LG section has the real one. Then by simply comparing the general subjects dealt in that LG section, the other person who got two LG sections can infer which one was the real one on his/her test.

I seriously can't believe you don't get this. Or am I wrong that people get the same test even when there in the same location?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

clarified_butter

Bronze

Post by clarified_butter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:03 pm

It's not that...I just never asked anyone this question after the exam...or put this much thought into it. I think that people on this forum obsess way too much over things that they have no control over--i.e. the experimental sections on the LSAT. Isn't the exam already over? Why worry about things that you can't change? Hopefully you did your best and treated every section like it would be scored.
fumagalli wrote:I seriously can't believe you don't get this.

fumagalli

New

Post by fumagalli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:11 pm

clarified_butter wrote:It's not that...I just never asked anyone this question after the exam...or put this much thought into it. I think that people on this forum obsess way too much over things that they have no control over--i.e. the experimental sections on the LSAT. Isn't the exam already over? Why worry about things that you can't change? Hopefully you did your best and treated every section like it would be scored.
fumagalli wrote:I seriously can't believe you don't get this.
Uh....Didn't you read the title of my post? I said I was wondering whether I should cancel or not. (Which is in my control) You see, I did really bad on one LG and really well on the other. If I know which one was which it would help me make a decision.

Are you enlightened?

Glaucon

Bronze

Post by Glaucon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Different continents get different LSATs

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:49 am

Glaucon wrote:Different continents get different LSATs
I only had one LG section and I don't remember anything about articles or trees. I know you tend to forget shortly after what is on the test, but I'm fairly confident my LG section had none of that stuff on it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”