December 2011 scores won't be posted 'til January 6, 2012? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CalamityJen

New

December 2011 scores won't be posted 'til January 6, 2012?

Post by CalamityJen » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 pm

I know test scores are usually announced a few days earlier than the posted deadline, but are they really going to make us wait over 30 days to get them this time just because of a couple of holidays?

Is is possible that my choice of test center will affect the length of time it takes to get my score? Or does that matter?

Does anyone who's registered for the December test have a projected score post of any date other than Jan. 6?

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: December 2011 scores won't be posted 'til January 6, 2012?

Post by LSAT Blog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Here are the trends from previous years:

The longest wait since 2004 has been 26 days. Most people receive their scores on the same day as each other. Test center doesn't really factor into it.
Last edited by LSAT Blog on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moneyisgood2004

New

Post by moneyisgood2004 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:54 pm

We can guess I suppose. Seeing that in 2005 it was the same date as this December's test, the results were released just prior to Christmas day. I imagine it will be in part determined by the amount of people signed up for the test. We'll be guaranteed to know by Jan. 6. But let's be honest, there is only one instance of the Dec. scores not being returned within the same month, and that was last year when the test was administered a week later than this years. So, if I were to wager, then I would say by the 29th at least (the same number of days as last year).

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:57 pm

moneyisgood2004 wrote:We can guess I suppose. Seeing that in 2005 it was the same date as this December's test, the results were released just prior to Christmas day. I imagine it will be in part determined by the amount of people signed up for the test. We'll be guaranteed to know by Jan. 6. But let's be honest, there is only one instance of the Dec. scores not being returned within the same month, and that was last year when the test was administered a week later than this years. So, if I were to wager, then I would say by the 29th at least (the same number of days as last year).
Or you can look at what happened with this past October test and realize the LSAC is clearly changing or has changed something and realize that last year's results for release and this year's October release points to actually not releasing until early January.

CalamityJen

New

Post by CalamityJen » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:35 pm

paratactical wrote: Or you can look at what happened with this past October test and realize the LSAC is clearly changing or has changed something and realize that last year's results for release and this year's October release points to actually not releasing until early January.

This is what I'm afraid of.

If it's January, it's January, but it will be a very welcome and pleasant surprise if the scores are posted in December.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Who knows? But I sure wouldn't make any real plans that were contingent upon a Dec release.

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:43 pm

As someone who endured the October wait and will be in for the December wait, let me offer some advice:
Assume scores are coming in January.

The best things I did during the wait were convince myself that scores would come out the Monday before the official date and not even entertain the possibility that it would be before that. People were freaking out on Friday, and I was about as chill as I could be given the circumstances. Assume it's coming in January, get off the computer, and enjoy time off from work or school if you get it. Spend time with family and friends and get your mind off of things. You'll be much happier that way, no matter the score you get.

CalamityJen

New

Post by CalamityJen » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:27 pm

tmon wrote:People were freaking out on Friday

I know. I was one of them. It was unnecessary and self-inflicted anxiety, and I certainly won't be making that mistake twice!

xChiTowNx

Bronze

Post by xChiTowNx » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:31 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Here are the trends from previous years:

--ImageRemoved--

The longest wait since 2004 has been 26 days. Most people receive their scores on the same day as each other. Test center doesn't really factor into it.
Hey steve, just a slight Typo on the chart - For Dec 3rd 2011, the year says "2010" instead of 2011. Feel sorry for those that took it on December 3 2010 and are still waiting on those LSAT scores ha ha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Yeah, I'll bet LSAC's gotten a million emails from pissed-off LSAT-takers over the past year.

(Thanks for catching the typo!)

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:52 pm

CalamityJen wrote:
tmon wrote:People were freaking out on Friday

I know. I was one of them. It was unnecessary and self-inflicted anxiety, and I certainly won't be making that mistake twice!
By thinking/worrying and posting about when December scores will be released at this point in time three weeks before test-day you have already begun traveling down that mistaken road again.

Push the issue out of your mind. Instead of thinking about the score release date you should spend your LSAT mental energy time doing quality prep/study activities that can improve the score you will achieve. You have no control of when scores will be released but you do have control over what you do to prep for the next three weeks.

Scores being released about a week later than in past years makes zero difference on your admission chances. Other than EA/ED applications and standard applications submitted that are complete early in the cycle (roughly sometime before/around turkey day), most admission committees do not start making final decisions about the bulk of applications they receive until early January or later depending on the school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”