Manhattan LR book? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Susan_Walid

Bronze

Manhattan LR book?

Post by Susan_Walid » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Wow is it just me or does this book make everything super complicated? I'm a retaker who read all of the bibles, and had someone suggest the manhattan book to me. The manhattan reading comp book was phenomenal, but I feel as though the the lr book is making me more confused and I see myself missing more questions....Which book should I try to read and master before the dec test? powerscore bible or manhattan lr? general tls consensus?

Schang1

Bronze

Re: Manhattan LR book?

Post by Schang1 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Susan_Walid wrote:Wow is it just me or does this book make everything super complicated? I'm a retaker who read all of the bibles, and had someone suggest the manhattan book to me. The manhattan reading comp book was phenomenal, but I feel as though the the lr book is making me more confused and I see myself missing more questions....Which book should I try to read and master before the dec test? powerscore bible or manhattan lr? general tls consensus?
manhattan. I prepped with powerscore bibles in the beginning and I was confused at first with the whole "assumption family group" where they stuck 5 question types under one big family -- but I ended up feeling so much more confident after mastering that stuff since I could finally see the similarity between these 5 question types and there was just one approach to all of these diff. questions. :) but this is my personal preference.

tehrocstar

Bronze

Post by tehrocstar » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:34 pm

For me the Manhattan LR Guide was excellent. Their organization of the question types into families is infinitely better than Powerscore's families. Although, the Powerscore bible I consider to be excellent too. What I like most about Powerscore's book is the focus on on incorrect answer types. When learning the each question type I read Manhattan and Powerscore chapters right after each other and then create my own summary. Use both in conjunction, you won't regret.
Last edited by tehrocstar on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:58 pm

tehrocstar wrote:For me the manhattan bible was excellent. There organization of the question types into families is infinitely better than Powerscore's families. The Powerscore was also excellent too. What I like most about their book is a focus on on incorrect answer types. When learning the answer types I read manhattan and Powerscore chapters right after each other and then create my own summary. Use both in conjunction, you won't regret.

^ THIS. I can say that this same strategy helped me improve as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”