Drill or PT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
FlyHigh

New

Drill or PT?

Post by FlyHigh » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:37 pm

About a month and 5 PTs in I'm sitting at 166-167, usually the same result (-4 to -6 on each LR, -1 to -2 on RC, -2 to -3 on LG). Usually, the LG mistakes are careless errors or the occasional really hard grouping game. RC misses usually come on science passage and LR misses are generally the same types (parallel, principle, formal logic, flaw in reasoning).

I am taking the Dec LSAT and aiming for 172+. A realistic score I would be really comfortable with going into this cycle is 175 so that is what my eyes are set on.

My question is whether I should spend time drilling obsessively or taking more PTs? I recently bought a few Cambridge LSAT packages (Formal logic LR q's from PT 1- 34 for example and Limited Scenerio games from the same PTs) targeted towards my weakness areas.

Thanks!

glucose101

Bronze

Re: Drill or PT?

Post by glucose101 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:38 pm

I would say 50% do drilling the last 50% do PTs. I think you have a good grasp on time if you're getting those kinds of scores. I would improve your frequently missed question types.

ruhl88

New

Re: Drill or PT?

Post by ruhl88 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:30 pm

FlyHigh wrote:About a month and 5 PTs in I'm sitting at 166-167, usually the same result (-4 to -6 on each LR, -1 to -2 on RC, -2 to -3 on LG). Usually, the LG mistakes are careless errors or the occasional really hard grouping game. RC misses usually come on science passage and LR misses are generally the same types (parallel, principle, formal logic, flaw in reasoning).

I am taking the Dec LSAT and aiming for 172+. A realistic score I would be really comfortable with going into this cycle is 175 so that is what my eyes are set on.

My question is whether I should spend time drilling obsessively or taking more PTs? I recently bought a few Cambridge LSAT packages (Formal logic LR q's from PT 1- 34 for example and Limited Scenerio games from the same PTs) targeted towards my weakness areas.

Thanks!
Do you see a pattern in the types of LRs you are missing? If so, Cambridge LSAT will be very helpful with the LR questions you are missing. Go ahead and drill the hell out of those types. You will definitely see an improvement.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”