What does your LSAT score mean to you? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
snailio

Bronze

Re: What does your LSAT score mean to you?

Post by snailio » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:08 pm

I know a guy got a 179, was he disappointed? maybe for a minute until his girlfriend told him

180 = robot 179 = ded secksy 8)

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Curious1 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:If y'all ascribe any importance to the LSAT beyond its value in getting you admitted, you're in for a rude awakening when you actually get to law school and realize that nobody gives a shit about the LSAT after you're done with admissions. I hope I never run into a weirdo who talks about their LSAT meaning a lot to them about their maturity.
This is true for all of life.

No one in college gives a shit about your fancy prep high school, or your SAT score after you've gotten in

No one in law school gives a shit about your Harvard UG degree, or your 180 LSAT, after you've gotten in

No one in law firms (AFTER YOU'VE BEEN HIRED) gives a shit where you went to law school

No one in the millionaire's cemetery gives a shit that you were a biglaw partner when you were alive

Everything in life is a means to an end...you do well in one stage of life to potentially gain "admission" to the next. That said, you can enjoy it while it's going on. These kids just took a really important test and got a (good) score, and they learned things in the process. Let them celebrate and speculate, however inaccurately.

But let's set a 2 week limit. I'm sick of hearing all the whining and asking about retakes. Just remember, don't rest on your laurels if you got a 180, and don't give up if you got a 179.
This post is stupid.

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:25 pm

180asBreath wrote:For me:

<90 correct - I will never be able to pursue the career of my dreams.
90-94 correct - I will be able to pursue my desired career... for 150k.
>94 correct - I will be able to pursue my desired career... for free!

It's like you all talk about, the only people who can truly understand our plight is our fellow TLS'ers. It's absolutely insane how important this test is!
It validates me as a person and makes me feel like I have a right to exist.

I'm going to try to say something serious, which is almost always a mistake on TLS. I was a non-traditional applicant and in a way the LSAT was the first serious challenge that I had undertaken since high school. I studied for six months and bombed the first test I took. When I did well on the second, it showed me that I was able to undertake a challenge and follow through with it in both intensity and consistency, and that when I did, I was able to perform at a game-changing level. Now that I'm in school, I feel that the hours and the focus that I put into the LSAT set the stage for me to take it up another level.

So while the cynics ITT are correct that the LSAT doesn't matter between you and your classmates or your future employer, and most likely doesn't mean much in terms of concrete intelligence (at least within each small subgrouping within the T14*) there's nothing wrong knowing yourself and what you're trying to accomplish, and appreciating the role that the LSAT plays in that realm - even if it's a big one.

*I stuck in a little joke there. Relax.

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Generally, stuff ITT is true. But I was pleasantly surprised to notice that Navy JAG requires your LSAT score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”