Taking a prep-course, getting hit hard on practice q's. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
noleknight16

Silver

Re: Taking a prep-course, getting hit hard on practice q's.

Post by noleknight16 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:41 pm

This is an inference question.

Despite the fact they made subtle change in the wording of A, the overall meaning is the same and can be proven based on the information above. We know that a friendship that only has trust and mutual respect will not last long because it is missing affinity (a requirement to have a personal relationship "endure")

Correct inference answers do not require word for word equivalents with the information above. If you still are irked by the rewording, the best strategy for inference questions is to eliminate your way to the correct answer. B through E are clearly wrong, leaving A, which should put your fears to rest.

I think you got caught up too much in drawing the conditional reasoning and having it match exactly.

I hope this helps.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Prep courses will teach you a lot of tricks that take time to put into practice. As time goes on you'll find that you don't need to diagram most of the LR questions, and you'll figure out when diagramming can really help.

californihuh

New

Post by californihuh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:19 am

noleknight16 wrote: I hope this helps.
It does. Thanks for advice. It just feels shallow when I'm trying to eliminate all the wrong answers to find the right question. Only to find out that I don't understand why the right answer choice is right. Thanks. I have a new strategy of approach now.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”