Help! 147 October LSAT - at least 10 points below PT average Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
r7cobraice

New

Help! 147 October LSAT - at least 10 points below PT average

Post by r7cobraice » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:29 am

Hey guys,

First time poster - I've been reading info as a guest for the most part but now I need some serious advice. Before my October LSAT, I was averaging mid-high 150's on my practice tests. I wasn't satisfied with it but with time and money constraints, I was dealing with it. Anyways, after I took the real test, I felt that a 160 was definitely realistic. I felt confident. I wasn't fatigued. I felt pretty good. Well, release day rolls around and I get a 147. Like, wtf? How does one miss 49 questions? I still do not understand it.

When I review the amount I studied, I definitely could have taken more PT's. I mean, I probably only took 5-6 before the test, as embarrassing as it is to admit. Reviewed missed answers a little bit.

However, now that s41T just got real, my parents have agreed to pay for a 1 month Powerscore class before the December LSAT. What are your guys' opinions on me being able to raise my score to a 160 in December if I complete 20 practice tests along with the 81 hours of instruction provided in Powerscore's Virtual curriculum?

What do you think I should do? I know that I am much more capable than what a 147 shows. Much more...

Thanks for the responses! :D

nelaw2010

Bronze

Re: Help! 147 October LSAT - at least 10 points below PT average

Post by nelaw2010 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:45 am

Hard to say how much you will lift your score. Look at your PT average going into the Dec LSAT, that will be a good barometer on how you will do on the test.

Powerscore is a great idea. But don't forget that no one teaches you the LSAT, you teach it to yourself.

Make sure you check out the Cambridge LR questions by type. Worth every penny.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”