Scoring lower than PT average? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dfowkes

New

Scoring lower than PT average?

Post by dfowkes » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:54 pm

I ended up scoring 12 points below my average on the PT's. Needless to say I was shocked when I saw the score. After contemplating giving up on life for a couple of hours I have decided to take a course and study my ass off for the February test. So, really I am wondering if anyone else has experienced scoring much lower on the actual test than they did on PT's?

SparkleBirdie

New

Re: Scoring lower than PT average?

Post by SparkleBirdie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:10 pm

dfowkes wrote:I ended up scoring 12 points below my average on the PT's. Needless to say I was shocked when I saw the score. After contemplating giving up on life for a couple of hours I have decided to take a course and study my ass off for the February test. So, really I am wondering if anyone else has experienced scoring much lower on the actual test than they did on PT's?

I scored 20+ points lower (I was PT at 174 average...do the math). I am still in shock but I'm refocusing and am going to get it together. I'm sure if you study your ass off for February you will do amazingly.

hulagirl808

New

Post by hulagirl808 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:14 pm

i scored 160 and my lowest was 150 and highest was 172, so i pretty much scored right on the nose of what my pt's were.

were you taking the sections back to back (no breaks) with just a 15 minute break in between? sometimes people forget to do this, and it makes a big difference. by the 4th/5th section you're more testing your mental endurance and ability to focus over a long period of time. also, were your testing conditions drastically different? for instance, my test was taken on a 12" x 14" flip desk. i'm was taking my pt's at a full desk, so the smaller space threw me off.

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:19 pm

I scored 10 points below my average. I would say my skills were not as honed-in as they could be. On the real thing with nerves and all I lost focus and couldn't answer questions with the accuracy I usually do. I knew what my weaknesses were and I didn't do enough to fix them. I relied too much on instinct, and during the real thing this isn't good enough. At least on LR. I mis-read a rule completely on LG which messed up a whole game and I have no idea how I did so badly on RC, but if I didn't mess up the other sections with that -13 curve I wold have done fine.

dfowkes

New

Post by dfowkes » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:29 pm

hulagirl808 wrote:i scored 160 and my lowest was 150 and highest was 172, so i pretty much scored right on the nose of what my pt's were.

were you taking the sections back to back (no breaks) with just a 15 minute break in between? sometimes people forget to do this, and it makes a big difference. by the 4th/5th section you're more testing your mental endurance and ability to focus over a long period of time. also, were your testing conditions drastically different? for instance, my test was taken on a 12" x 14" flip desk. i'm was taking my pt's at a full desk, so the smaller space threw me off.
Yea, when I did my PT's I structured them exactly how the actual test is structured. I cannot believe I did so poorly but I am determined to study my ass off and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”