October LSAT: Cancel? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GD123

New

October LSAT: Cancel?

Post by GD123 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:54 pm

So the story pretty much goes I took the LSAT this past weekend and honestly the only thing I can say is I'm not sure at all how I may have done. In my practice tests I was scoring pretty well but more importantly it was consistently around the same score. The thing is when i took these practice exams and got these scores, I know exactly how I've felt both while taking the test and after finishing it. I did not feel this way on Saturday. I had a migraine for most of the exam, and my head felt very hazy and cloudy, and as you can guess I couldn't focus. I found myself doing things like reading things twice, and not absorbing material well as I read. Miraculously, I finished each section and didn't have to guess.

Anyway, the point is I'm curious to hear people's opinions about whether I should cancel or not. I have a shitty GPA and I need an LSAT score to help kind of sweep that under the rug. I'm not expecting a T14 school with my grades, but with my practice test scoring (165-168 range) I could have at least counted on a decent school. Thing is now I dont know whether I should just see how I did on this one, considering I cant honestly say with certainty that I bombed it, or if I should take the 2 months to really hone my skills down and maybe even bump my score up a couple points and weed out any bad habits to ensure my score isn't contingent on having "a good day". I know schools are supposed to only look at the higher score now, but I feel like having a shitty GPA and a good LSAT MUST look better than a shitty GPA, one "eh" LSAT score, and one great one.

Thoughts? Im stressing myself out over here haha. :cry:

tedler

Gold

Re: October LSAT: Cancel?

Post by tedler » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Last edited by tedler on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:07 pm

I wouldn't cancel.

See what your score is first.

You say you have a bad GPA. What's the specific or range we're talking about here. Shitty is quite relative sometimes. And what schools are you looking at? Do you have decent softs?

GD123

New

Post by GD123 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:30 pm

2.7 ive accepted it and just tried to focus on the test and i was good to go but like i said, something was off. I was aiming for Brooklyn Law, and i was scoring well enough I think to have a good shot with early decision at least. I think tomorrow's my last day to cancel. I guess I'll sleep on it and decide. Thanks though guys

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”