Certifying Statement.... Not in Cursive Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Kess

Bronze

Certifying Statement.... Not in Cursive

Post by Kess » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:36 pm

I keep seeing stuff in various threads that this was supposed to have been done in cursive. I never knew this. I am starting to seriously panic.... I did it in print. Should I panic?

ThreeRivers

Silver

Re: Certifying Statement.... Not in Cursive

Post by ThreeRivers » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Kess wrote:I keep seeing stuff in various threads that this was supposed to have been done in cursive. I never knew this. I am starting to seriously panic.... I did it in print. Should I panic?
At the end of my test the proctors read the directions after the test were done (a warning to not talk about the test), then looked at booklet and said something along the lines of "Ok, now it says to call up everyone's name who didn't write in cursive but we checked and everyone did so I can skip that." So I'm guessing your proctor is semi-responsible

edit: O and they also read directions that clearly stated it must be cursive (Idk if they didn't say it or if you missed it)
Last edited by ThreeRivers on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Nah I wouldn't worry. A lot of people I know don't even know how to write cursive anymore. Its a dying and largely useless skill.

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:41 pm

I remembered having to do it in cursive on the SAT, so I was listening closely, and they never said to. And I finished in exactly the time they allotted before moving on, and I'm a fast writer. I'm assuming nearly everyone in my room (about 30-40) did it in print.

I wouldn't worry!

zozin

Gold

Post by zozin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:43 pm

I think I read somewhere on TLS that they no longer require cursive. Either way, I didn't write it in cursive in June and nothing happened.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:46 pm

I remember doing it in cursive on the SAT too because my teachers and proctor at the time too made a big stink of it.

I had a pretty thorough Testmasters instructors that gave us plenty of tips for the LSAT and she never mentioned this. I am pretty sure the proctor didn't say anything about this, but I am not excluding the possibility that I missed it.

At the end of the exam, the proctor read names of people who missed something like they didn't bubble in some of their info or didn't sign something. My name wasn't called. Hope that means I am safe... on these grounds!

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:50 pm

I printed in June and got my score back just fine. Printed this time too. I think I probably dropped a word somewhere too.

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:50 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
Kess wrote:I keep seeing stuff in various threads that this was supposed to have been done in cursive. I never knew this. I am starting to seriously panic.... I did it in print. Should I panic?
At the end of my test the proctors read the directions after the test were done (a warning to not talk about the test), then looked at booklet and said something along the lines of "Ok, now it says to call up everyone's name who didn't write in cursive but we checked and everyone did so I can skip that." So I'm guessing your proctor is semi-responsible

edit: O and they also read directions that clearly stated it must be cursive (Idk if they didn't say it or if you missed it)
trollololololololllololool

paul34

Bronze

Post by paul34 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 am

wvuchip wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:

trollololololololllololool
lol I'm actually being 100% serious, but my proctors also bragged about how long / how many times they've been doing this. So I'm guessing they probably just did some things based on previous years

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 pm

I've taken the LSAT twice and have never written the certifying statement in cursive; never had an issue whatsoever

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 pm

I looked this time, because people tripped me out about this in June, it doesn't even say cursive. And I got my score back in June in regular writing.

caminante

Bronze

Post by caminante » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Someone asked about this in my classroom. The proctor specifically said that you should write it however you normally write and that they no longer require cursive. This is not something to worry about at all.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:44 pm

I wrote mine in Olde English font.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 pm

I feel like the LSAT takers get aspier every year.

Glock

Bronze

Post by Glock » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:57 pm

tedler

Gold

Post by tedler » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”