Erasing on the Exam... Thoughts Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Kess

Bronze

Erasing on the Exam... Thoughts

Post by Kess » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:29 pm

So I erased a few things (probably stupidly because I more often than not when I erase I change from right answer to wrong answer) and despite all my efforts, the bubble was still left a light gray. What are the chances those questions will not be marked?

kahechsof

Bronze

Re: Erasing on the Exam... Thoughts

Post by kahechsof » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Kess wrote:So I erased a few things (probably stupidly because I more often than not when I erase I change from right answer to wrong answer) and despite all my efforts, the bubble was still left a light gray. What are the chances those questions will not be marked?
If you're really scared about it, request a hand grading.

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 pm

kahechsof wrote:
Kess wrote:So I erased a few things (probably stupidly because I more often than not when I erase I change from right answer to wrong answer) and despite all my efforts, the bubble was still left a light gray. What are the chances those questions will not be marked?
If you're really scared about it, request a hand grading.
Well, I tend to run on the paranoid side. In taking scantron tests at college, erasing always leaves light gray marks and it hasn't been a problem. I am just wondering if LSAT scantrons are more sensitive than unusual? In any case, I can still request this after my score, right?

Part of the problem is I have no idea how I did at all.

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Not a whole lot of need to worry about this. You can view the pdf of your bubble sheet when the test is released. Just double check your bubble sheet against your official score sheet to make sure that they match up, and if they don't then fork over the $$$ to have it hand graded.

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Not a whole lot of need to worry about this. You can view the pdf of your bubble sheet when the test is released. Just double check your bubble sheet against your official score sheet to make sure that they match up, and if they don't then fork over the $$$ to have it hand graded.
Oh thanks, I didn't know that! This was my first (and hopefully last) LSAT and I thought they simply write your answers out. That's what my Testmasters course did.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Kess wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:Not a whole lot of need to worry about this. You can view the pdf of your bubble sheet when the test is released. Just double check your bubble sheet against your official score sheet to make sure that they match up, and if they don't then fork over the $$$ to have it hand graded.
Oh thanks, I didn't know that! This was my first (and hopefully last) LSAT and I thought they simply write your answers out. That's what my Testmasters course did.
I did plenty of erasing when I took the test and had no problems at all. Good luck!

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Kess wrote:I am just wondering if LSAT scantrons are more sensitive than unusual? In any case, I can still request this after my score, right?
The technology has advanced quite a bit since I was in HS, and it's pretty good at getting the test taker's intent if there are erasures, incomplete bubbles, and a bit of not coloring in the lines. The LSAC's machines are top quality, so I wouldn't worry about it. Check it, for sure, but don't worry about it.

ExAnt3

New

Post by ExAnt3 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:24 pm

bp shinners wrote:
Kess wrote:I am just wondering if LSAT scantrons are more sensitive than unusual? In any case, I can still request this after my score, right?
The technology has advanced quite a bit since I was in HS, and it's pretty good at getting the test taker's intent if there are erasures, incomplete bubbles, and a bit of not coloring in the lines. The LSAC's machines are top quality, so I wouldn't worry about it. Check it, for sure, but don't worry about it.

inflightradio

New

Post by inflightradio » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:34 pm

I had the same worry, but it's good to know that they have other options! That being said, I have a feeling that their technology is probably built for these sorts of mistakes since many people end up having to erase with their pencil erasers in such a small space, and we all know how much pencil erasers suck for the most part.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”