USC Testing Center Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gogogadgetlaw

New

USC Testing Center

Post by gogogadgetlaw » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:40 pm

Last edited by gogogadgetlaw on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notaznguy

Bronze

Re: USC Testing Center

Post by notaznguy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Are you taking the exam this Saturday? If so, you are fucked.

USC has a home game against Arizona this Saturday and there will be massive tailgating on campus. Good luck finding parking. If that doesn't screw you over, the noise from the thousands of fans on campus will along with the marching band.

gogogadgetlaw

New

Post by gogogadgetlaw » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:00 am

Last edited by gogogadgetlaw on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:01 am

Lol relax, I go here, I talked to our pre law people, they are almost certain it's in the basement of the law building away from things.

If not, you'll have to get in the zone. I've been here for four years so it's just second nature to me. I'm surprised you didn't know about this though, I made the conscious decision to go here so I could walk over and it sounds kind of weird, but the game being outside will help keep me more level headed and relaxed.

I'll update you tomorrow, I'm gonna hit up our testing center to take a run by it while I'm on campus tomorrow.

Edit: although with you driving I'm not sure if parking will be cheap. If you get here by 8 there should be plenty of spots on 30th, 31st and 32nd by Fig. Pm me if you're not familiar and I'll text you a few spots that should be cool to park and walk over to the campus.

Plus you get to pre game after the test if we get out early with some Trojans :lol:

gogogadgetlaw

New

Post by gogogadgetlaw » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:25 am

Last edited by gogogadgetlaw on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am

U$C and UCLA test centers both suck. Take it at Southwestern.

gogogadgetlaw

New

Post by gogogadgetlaw » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:28 am

horrorbusiness

Silver

Post by horrorbusiness » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:42 am

notaznguy wrote:Are you taking the exam this Saturday? If so, you are fucked.

USC has a home game against Arizona this Saturday and there will be massive tailgating on campus. Good luck finding parking. If that doesn't screw you over, the noise from the thousands of fans on campus will along with the marching band.
wow you're an annoying piece of shit. what makes you think it's ok to tell someone they're "fucked" 2 days before their lsat? people on here are considerate enough to bother replying to your hundreds of threads about having anxiety attacks and scoring in the 150's, why don't you show a little consideration in return?

gogogadgetlaw

New

Post by gogogadgetlaw » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:28 am

Last edited by gogogadgetlaw on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 am

gogogadgetlaw wrote:Has anyone taken the LSAT previously at University of Southern California?

If so, how is it?
-Most importantly, how are the desks? Big tables or crappy foldy-desks?
-Is there a "better" room and what's the strategy to get into it?
-Cold, hot, etc.
-How is parking? Planning to go scope it out tomorrow but I've never been there before...

Thanks in advance.
Took it this june:
- Desks are HUGE. They're long rows and they space you a seat apart. Comfy chairs.
- Everyone in the same lecture hall (Seats a LOT of people)
- A little chilly, but it's good, keeps you awake
- IDK about parking because someone dropped me off.

Another note: proctors were good, and the room was awesome, underneath the building so there was NO outside noise. So even if there is a fuckin' marching band going or whatever, you'll be well insulated from it.

ag912

New

Post by ag912 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:57 am

anyone ever taken it at whittier?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:01 am

ag912 wrote:anyone ever taken it at whittier?
If you are talking about Whittier Law School in Costa Mesa, it's a great facility. Easy freeway access, parking lot is right next to the buildings, small campus so no chance of getting lost trying to find the room, big long wide desks (the big counter type that goes down the entire row), comfortable chairs, good climate control, well insulated from outdoor sounds, and vending machines with good stuff in them near the bathrooms.

notaznguy

Bronze

Post by notaznguy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:26 am

horrorbusiness wrote:

wow you're an annoying piece of shit. what makes you think it's ok to tell someone they're "fucked" 2 days before their lsat? people on here are considerate enough to bother replying to your hundreds of threads about having anxiety attacks and scoring in the 150's, why don't you show a little consideration in return?
Oops. Sorry I didn't sugarcoat it. I meant the OP will score a 180 in spite of the loud tailgating, drunk fans, and marching band blasting "Fight On" and "Tribute to Troy" every 5 minutes. You are right. I should've been nicer and told him he will be a perfect little honey and that there is a spot just waiting for him in Harvard Law School.

It's not my fault the OP is a dumbass for not doing his research. If you work well with noise, more power to you. But if the blast of trumpets and snare drums bothers you a tiny bit when you are doing your RC section, don't complain that the shithead user on TLS didn't warn you about it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:00 am

Lmao who are you? Why don't you concentrate on improving your scores and let us rock. I've been going here for four years, they cover us better than most ivies. And like another poster just said, and I all but confirmed; it's in the basement, insulated from noise.

Although that's slightly disappointing, I feel like fight on blasting in the back might help me beat the shit out of my LGs and ensure my -0, I'll just have to pretend.

Also, we might go hard, but no one is up before like 9 on a Saturday, regardless of if our game is at like 12. Most people don't even show up until around 930, 10.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:01 am

notaznguy wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:

Oops. Sorry I didn't sugarcoat it. I meant the OP will score a 180 in spite of the loud tailgating, drunk fans, and marching band blasting "Fight On" and "Tribute to Troy" every 5 minutes. You are right. I should've been nicer and told him he will be a perfect little honey and that there is a spot just waiting for him in Harvard Law School.

It's not my fault the OP is a dumbass for not doing his research. If you work well with noise, more power to you. But if the blast of trumpets and snare drums bothers you a tiny bit when you are doing your RC section, don't complain that the shithead user on TLS didn't warn you about it.
I took a prep course at USC and you literally can't hear anything from the outside world when you are in the lecture halls in the basement. The fact that you predicted that the OP is "fucked" without knowing anything about the testing site is obnoxious.

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:04 am

sanjola wrote:
notaznguy wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:

I took a prep course at USC and you literally can't hear anything from the outside world when you are in the lecture halls in the basement. The fact that you predicted that the OP is "fucked" without knowing anything about the testing site is obnoxious.
Don't get at him, its a common tactic. You're failing? Try to make the general crowd fail harder!

Best way to compete obviously :roll:

mtbssd

New

Post by mtbssd » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:11 am

Taking at USC this Saturday myself, I'm not really worried about the noise but I am a little worried about parking. Is there any parking that is reasonably close or should I just try to get my lady to drop me off?

P.S. Kickoff is at 12:30 so hopefully we'll pretty close to finishing by that point anyway...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Seneca

Bronze

Post by Seneca » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:17 am

This is definitely not the first year USC has held the October LSAT on campus on a game day, so I'm assuming that it hasn't been disruptive enough in the past to prevent scheduling it there now. I know someone who took it there during 2008-9 season and she did just fine. Yes, there is a strong possibility that you may hear game day noise. The law school is not immediately in the tailgating area, but it is along the path tailgaters and students take towards the Coliseum. At this point, there's nothing you can do to change that, so just mentally prepare to block everything out. I was advised to take every minute distraction or sound and treat it as a prompt to mentally zero-in even more on the exam. Sounds stupid, but it may work for you.

More importantly, start thinking NOW about your plans to park. That's going to be your biggest challenge. And definitely think ahead about commuting time, as the surrounding surface streets can get pretty congested. If you can, get someone to drop you off. Good luck!

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:31 pm

mtbssd wrote:Taking at USC this Saturday myself, I'm not really worried about the noise but I am a little worried about parking. Is there any parking that is reasonably close or should I just try to get my lady to drop me off?

P.S. Kickoff is at 12:30 so hopefully we'll pretty close to finishing by that point anyway...
I would highly suggest getting a ride. You can literally get dropped off next to the building.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:32 pm

hyakku wrote: Don't get at him, its a common tactic. You're failing? Try to make the general crowd fail harder!

Best way to compete obviously :roll:
Ahh, one of those types.

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Wow what a dickhead. And how exactly does unadulterated criticism help someone when they're taking the test in 2 days and can't change test centers?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dmacioce

New

Post by dmacioce » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:55 pm

99.9luft wrote:U$C and UCLA test centers both suck. Take it at Southwestern.
What factors make Southwestern a superior test center, compared to USC and UCLA?

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:53 pm

For all of you coming here tomorrow, I'd suggest looking around 30th and fig. You can park closer on the north side of campus as well, it's a bit of a shitty area though (trust me, I used to live there). The walk isn't that bad as long as you know where you are going, and seeing the beginning people getting up will (hopefully) take your mind off the test and get you in a good mood as you walk over.

I've talked with a lot of people here taking, or known people who have, they said the noise is minimal and it's a pretty great spot.

Also, you guys CAN park on campus, it's just like $20 in the morning IIRC. It's honestly not that bad though, and for that price you know your car will be safe and you'll be on campus already. Should be MORE than enough spots at the Raddy, on campus, and probably even near Marshall (which is near the Law school) for that cost. Might be better for some of you if you don't wish to be bothered trying to figure out how to walk over. You made it this far right?

Good luck tomorrow all, look out for the black dude who looks way too happy to be there. I plan to violate the test so say whatsup if you see me.

gogogadgetlaw

New

Post by gogogadgetlaw » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:01 am

Last edited by gogogadgetlaw on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notaznguy

Bronze

Post by notaznguy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:52 pm

So how was it?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”