Studying for the LSAT while working fulltime Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Maye

Bronze

Studying for the LSAT while working fulltime

Post by Maye » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:22 pm

What I've started doing is eating at my desk and using my lunch hour to do a timed section and review as best I can. Then I go home and reference the bibles and do a few more sections. All in all I'm averaging about 2.5, maybe 3 hours of studying on the weekdays, and devoting about half the day Saturday and Sunday as well. I'm studying for December.

How do you do it? I try to break up my studying during the day so I don't burn out in the evenings. I hate my job so it kinda puts me in a shitty mood by the end of the day.

TheZoid

Bronze

Re: Studying for the LSAT while working fulltime

Post by TheZoid » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Sounds like you're doing it right. I did almost the exact same thing you are doing, and it worked fine. Don't forget to give yourself a day off here and there as well, to recharge the mental battery. 2-3 hours seems to be about all it's feasible to squeeze in after work. make sure to do some full length timed tests as well on the weekends. Good luck to you.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 pm

I wrote an article for TLS about this very issue:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/lsat-pre ... chool.html

Also, easier said than done, but long-term, try to get a job that doesn't make you unhappy. Your overall mood affects things.

Maye

Bronze

Post by Maye » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Nice, thanks for the article.

Yeah, a job that doesn't make me unhappy would be nice, but at this point I'm very happy to have a job at all. Insurance, paid time off, not a bad deal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”