Blueprint vs. Powerscore vs. Manhattan vs. TestMasters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dba415

New

Blueprint vs. Powerscore vs. Manhattan vs. TestMasters

Post by dba415 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:05 pm

I am going to choose a class to take, but which one?

Scored 155 on cold diagnostic, aiming for a 12 pt increase at least.

inb4 someone links me to the mega sticky

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Blueprint vs. Powerscore vs. Manhattan vs. TestMasters

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm

What doesn't the mega-sticky have that you were looking for? These companies all have similar methods and the instructor probably matters more than anything. FWIW, I took Testmasters, but I think I was fortunate to have a fantastic instructor. If nothing else, just go for the cheapest/most convenient option.

dba415

New

Post by dba415 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 am

The sticky contains threads that are 4 years old and I'd like a more current take on what is the best.

Blueprint is the cheapest/most convenient for me. I would have considered Manhattan because I like the early start (for december lsat) but it is too early as I have already missed the first class.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:47 pm

PM me if you want info on our classes - if you missed the first session, we can get you caught up...

EarlCat

Silver

Post by EarlCat » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:25 pm

The decision should be about who you want instructing you, not whose logo is stamped on the books.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SarahKerrigan

Bronze

Post by SarahKerrigan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:51 pm

you should also check out velocity, they seem pretty legit.

jperez21

New

Post by jperez21 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:54 am

I was self prepping for a few weeks with Powerscore Bibles and pretty much all the practice tests out there and many times I just felt like I was lost. No sense of direction towards the test as a whole. I was working on different sections without a sense of orientation, it was overwhelming. Not to mention my test was originally scheduled for 10/1/11. Last week I really thought this thru and rescheduled for 12/2011 ordered Blueprint the movie on Thursday overnighted the books and just finished lesson 1. I couldn't be much happier with my decision in all honesty, I know it will pay off... I choose BP mainly because of convenience. Like I said earlier, I've only done one lesson so far and I'm really happy with the results and pace the course offers. I can't say about the other courses, but I can vouch for this so far.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:05 am

I'm in the middle of a Blueprint full course, and from my first diagnostic at the start of the class to my first PT afterwards (midway through) I went up 10 points, and am averaging around there right now (with nearly a month of the course left) so I'm pretty pleased with their materials.

That being said, I did the online chat meeting with Noah (manhattan LSAT) and he was very helpful, and I love the Manhattan books, so I'd think they'd be a good option too... tbh a lot of time in class I just sit and drill questions while the class goes on (participating as well), but I don't think I would have dedicated the amount of time to it on my own that I am taking the course (or, at the very least, wouldn't have been as organized).

Of course, if you ARE organized/disciplined and follow a plan like some of the ones on here, I don't see why self-study wouldn't work probably just as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”