December Test vs February Test Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Zulofft

New

December Test vs February Test

Post by Zulofft » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Hey ya'll.
I was planning to take the October test but I just started a new job which I am adjusting to and a pretty long commute to work. I was also signed up for a prep-course which is right near my work, which I can sign back into.

I'm looking to apply to law schools in Fall 2012 and am shooting for Cornell, Georgetown types. I have a 'lower' gpa (3.7) from a good school but by the time I apply I will have accumulated 2 years of work experience at a law firm as well as great internships and experiences which I had during undergrad. I took the June 2010 LSATs and completely BOMBED them (155 pretty embarrassing), so really I'm counting on my second test! But, I hear that the February test is much more difficult in comparison to the other test dates.

So my questions are, should I just take the December test or wait til February and when should I start the prep-course?

Thanks!

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: December Test vs February Test

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:23 pm

There is no difference between the tests. If one is easier than another, the difference in difficulty is offset by a more/less strict curve.

If you take it in February, you should not apply to schools for 2012. Wait another cycle. Another downside of the February test is that it is unreleased; you will get your scaled score and that's it. No access to the questions once the test is finished, no section by section breakdown, nothing.

If you are not prepared for the test in December then either postpone until February or next June.

Moomoo2u

Bronze

Post by Moomoo2u » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:There is no difference between the tests. If one is easier than another, the difference in difficulty is offset by a more/less strict curve.

If you take it in February, you should not apply to schools for 2012. Wait another cycle. Another downside of the February test is that it is unreleased; you will get your scaled score and that's it. No access to the questions once the test is finished, no section by section breakdown, nothing.

If you are not prepared for the test in December then either postpone until February or next June.
+1 don't blow that "lower" GPA of 3.7 with a shitty LSAT. If you score 168+ you have an excellent shot at Cornell/GULC and a fighting chance at MVP depending on where you live/your essays and softs.

Zulofft

New

Post by Zulofft » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Yeah, I'm aiming for high 160s.

So if I'm applying for schools in fall 2012 (for admission in fall 2013), I shouldn't take the February 2012 exam?

Thanks for the help!

Moomoo2u

Bronze

Post by Moomoo2u » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Take whichever one of the following you feel most prepared for:

October 2011
December 2011
February 2012
June 2012
October 2012

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Zulofft wrote:Yeah, I'm aiming for high 160s.

So if I'm applying for schools in fall 2012 (for admission in fall 2013), I shouldn't take the February 2012 exam?

Thanks for the help!
My bad, I misread your post. If you aren't applying until next fall then take the test whenever you have maxed out your preparation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”