Advantage of taking October vs December LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
the_pakalypse

Bronze

Advantage of taking October vs December LSAT

Post by the_pakalypse » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:22 pm

I still have a few years left to graduate but this year in April I decided to study for the LSAT, just so I could get it out of the way and focus on my real interests/activities. Anyways, I've studied quite a bit and went from diag 159 to somewhere in the 170 range now. Gotten a few 172s, 175s and even hit 179 one point - I'm ecstatic over these scores. That being said, I still have nearly 40 percent of my PTs (nearly 25ish) left, which I could not possibly finish and review thoroughly by the October LSAT. I thought I would be able to but recently I felt really burned out while writing a test and thus decided to take a break.

My question is that do you think writing the December LSAT has any significant disadvantages over writing the October LSAT? Keep in mind I am not applying for another couple of years so it has no effect on the admissions cycle, and my academic course-load is fairly light at this point so it shouldn't interfere too much. My other concern was that I might begin to forget or lose some of those skills that I have developed for the LSAT, but I can go 2ish(maybe less) PT a week until December so I think they should be maintained. I'm leaning towards the December LSAT because I feel like a) there's so much more I can learn from this test, b) I don't want to rush and feel burned out, c) I have just started to feel like I have some control over the test.

Anyone with similar past experience?

minnbills

Gold

Re: Advantage of taking October vs December LSAT

Post by minnbills » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:34 pm

There's no reason you can't take it in december.

You also don't need to take 2 pts/week to maintain your performance, in all likelihood.

Take it when you feel you're ready, preferably with another administration date between then and when you wish to apply.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”