Reality of life Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ato308

New

Reality of life

Post by ato308 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:05 am

I'm so mad at myself. Because I decided to party I closed a lot of doors on myself. My last three semesters cum gpa is a 3.57 and the classes were harder than any of my previous semesters. I would love to go to a t14 school and that will never happen. It's sad really.

I now have a lousy 2.8 and a 165 lsat.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Reality of life

Post by rinkrat19 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:08 am

Retake the LSAT and T14 is not entirely out of reach.

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:44 am

WE + 170 = northwestern in many cases.

Or look into regional lower T1s and T2s.

notaznguy

Bronze

Post by notaznguy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:54 am

Are you URM? If so, then you're not in such a bad situation.

If not, then retake and break 170 on the LSAT. You may not necessarily be able to get into the upper T14s, but possibly the bottom ones. Also, regional schools may take you if your LSAT is significantly higher than their 50% percentile.

No point having regrets at this point. You did what you did in UG and it's too late to change anything at this point. Your only hope is to study more and retake if you are determined to become a lawyer. On the positive side, even with a 2.8, you'll still have your bachelor's degree and you'll be able to find some sort of entry level job.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:44 am

ato308 wrote:I'm so mad at myself. Because I decided to party I closed a lot of doors on myself. My last three semesters cum gpa is a 3.57 and the classes were harder than any of my previous semesters. I would love to go to a t14 school and that will never happen. It's sad really.

hahahaa me to man.

The partying was worth it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HYSnNothingLess

New

Post by HYSnNothingLess » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:40 pm

ato308 wrote:I'm so mad at myself. Because I decided to party I closed a lot of doors on myself. My last three semesters cum gpa is a 3.57 and the classes were harder than any of my previous semesters. I would love to go to a t14 school and that will never happen. It's sad really.

I don't mean to be a jerk but I like to see the partiers go down!

It makes me feel like my lack of a social life in college to get a 3.82 GPA has been worth it. :P

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:44 pm

HYSnNothingLess wrote:

It makes me feel like my lack of a social life in college to get a 3.82 GPA has been worth it. :P
Douchey comment, even for TLS standards.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:46 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
HYSnNothingLess wrote:

Douchey comment, even for TLS standards.
Every comment of his is a douche-flame so just ignore it

blink

Bronze

Post by blink » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:38 pm

HYSnNothingLess wrote:

no social life and you only ended up with a 3.82? Weak sauce, troll.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HYSnNothingLess

New

Post by HYSnNothingLess » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:06 pm

blink wrote:
HYSnNothingLess wrote:

Would be higher but my philosophy and chemistry professors screwed me over with low B's and then disappeared when I went to appeal the grades. Then I learned that a grade appeal could result in a lower grade too (and I have no doubt they would have come up with something ridiculous to justify my original course grades) and I knew the department heads of philosophy and chemistry would be on their sides so I let the grades stand. Really does suck. :?

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:12 pm

inchoate_con wrote:Damn, you're a dork. You'll "fit" right in....... you hope..
Subject: Reality of life
bport hopeful wrote:

hahahaa me to man.

The partying was worth it.
Super confused as to what this PM meant.

Why would someone want to see the partiers go down?

blink

Bronze

Post by blink » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:59 pm

HYSnNothingLess wrote:
blink wrote:
HYSnNothingLess wrote:

Would be higher but my philosophy and chemistry professors screwed me over with low B's and then disappeared when I went to appeal the grades. Then I learned that a grade appeal could result in a lower grade too (and I have no doubt they would have come up with something ridiculous to justify my original course grades) and I knew the department heads of philosophy and chemistry would be on their sides so I let the grades stand. Really does suck. :?
Excuses excuses.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:23 pm

REDACTED BY MODS, THIS DOESN'T BELONG HERE

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ato308

New

Post by ato308 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Yeah it sucks the position that partying has put me in. And yeah I closed myself to many schools for grad school and law school, but i wouldn't trade the memories I have with my friends over the last four years for anything.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:14 pm

ato308 wrote:Yeah it sucks the position that partying has put me in. And yeah I closed myself to many schools for grad school and law school, but i wouldn't trade the memories I have with my friends over the last four years for anything.
I agree, but saying it like that is pretty weak.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Verity wrote:REDACTED BY MODS, THIS DOESN'T BELONG HERE
REDACTED BY MODS, THIS DOESN'T BELONG HERE EITHER

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”