166 Diagnostic Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
emkay625

Gold

Re: 166 Diagnostic

Post by emkay625 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Your answer is maybe.

My diagnostic was a 165. Test day was a 169.

I took a Kaplan course, did all the PS bibles, and did about 30 preptests. Average was 175.4 going into the test.

What happened, you ask? This one RC passage did me in. Took me like 15 minutes and I missed 6 questions on it. Yup. 6. On one passage. RC is normally -1 or -0 total for me.

So, prepare. That should set you up for success.

But its not a guarantee.

If that happens though, you can always simply retake and move on with your life.

gavinstevens

Bronze

Post by gavinstevens » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:52 am

HYSnNothingLess wrote:
onthemoney wrote:Flame. No one gets a full logic games section on their diagnostic.
I finished logic games with three minutes to spare. It's so easy if you just understand the rules and scribble a quick diagram on a nice piece of paper.
Ahhhh that's where those -0s come from. Now if I only I can find a way to sneak in a nice piece of paper on exam day...

Seriously though, you're in a great position and it's very likely that you can break into the 170s with some work.

HYSnNothingLess

New

Post by HYSnNothingLess » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:10 am

emkay625 wrote:Your answer is maybe.

What happened, you ask? This one RC passage did me in. Took me like 15 minutes and I missed 6 questions on it. Yup. 6. On one passage. RC is normally -1 or -0 total for me.
So tragic. :(

HYSnNothingLess

New

Post by HYSnNothingLess » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:10 am

gavinstevens wrote:
HYSnNothingLess wrote:
onthemoney wrote:Flame. No one gets a full logic games section on their diagnostic.
I finished logic games with three minutes to spare. It's so easy if you just understand the rules and scribble a quick diagram on a nice piece of paper.
Ahhhh that's where those -0s come from. Now if I only I can find a way to sneak in a nice piece of paper on exam day...

Seriously though, you're in a great position and it's very likely that you can break into the 170s with some work.
Oh screw that. I'm writing on the exam if I'm not allowed to use paper. :evil:

lawgod

Bronze

Post by lawgod » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 am

HYSnNothingLess wrote:
gavinstevens wrote:
HYSnNothingLess wrote:

Oh screw that. I'm writing on the exam if I'm not allowed to use paper. :evil:
You're allowed to write on the exam

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gavinstevens

Bronze

Post by gavinstevens » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:15 am

You're not allowed scrap paper so you will have to use the test booklet. Learning to fit diagrams in the margins isn't bad though.

I just thought "nice piece of paper" was hilarious.

HYSnNothingLess

New

Post by HYSnNothingLess » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:22 am

lawgod wrote:You're allowed to write on the exam
Am I allowed to wear cool looking shades for the exam?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”