Online LSAT preparation question. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
amnesiac84

New

Online LSAT preparation question.

Post by amnesiac84 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:21 am

Hello everyone,
this is my first post and i've read a couple of information about my question subject but i would like for some to chime in with their opinion.
I live in Puerto Rico and my only prep option was Kaplan, i paid for it but soon realized after reading reviews that it was a bad choice so luckily i got my money back before the course began.

Now i am looking for other options to prepare for the LSAT and online is my only other choice apart from self-study which i am doing with LG and LR bibles and LSAT super prep book.

I am planning to take the test in October and have until then to study, i've been studying for about a month now but i think i might need better aid from a classroom like environment. I didn't study at all for the first time i took the test and didn't do too well.

So, here are my questions:

1) Which course would you recommend i take online? I am between Manhattan LSAT and Powerscore. If anyone can please weigh in about certain details which would make a program better than the other? Also if there is any other options worth looking at.

2) Considering the short amount of time left are the online classes a good idea? Or should i wait until December and self study?

Thanks for any response, i know there are lots of previous post in regards to some components of my questions but i would like anyones personal opinion on my situation.

tmon

Silver

Re: Online LSAT preparation question.

Post by tmon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:26 am

This: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=151670 is at the top of this forum. I'm not very informed on the issue, but the post is likely to help you on your way.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:44 am

You know you best, but if it was me I would wait till dec

amnesiac84

New

Post by amnesiac84 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 am

Just read about blueprint from a PM i received regarding this thread.

They seem pretty good, i'm really torn here, i need to choose before friday.

Manhattan LSAT provides and uses their books which seem to have been getting good reviews but i don't know what to choose.

I know everyone has a different opinion but this is a really serious financial investment for me and i can only do this once.
I need some honest guidance and suggestions since it's the only time i'll be able to do this.

Blueprint or PowerScore or Manhattan?
Online courses.

Thanks to all who take the time to answer with honest and personal opinions.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 am

amnesiac84 wrote: 1) Which course would you recommend i take online? I am between Manhattan LSAT and Powerscore. If anyone can please weigh in about certain details which would make a program better than the other? Also if there is any other options worth looking at.
As a consumer, I would recommend testing each course before signing up especially since it is a serious financial investment for you.

Here are the links to the trials. You might want to search each respective site for more information.
http://www.manhattanlsat.com/online-trial.cfm
http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/virtual/ ... irtual.cfm
http://blueprintprep.com/online

On a personal note, I've been attending a free study session offered every Tuesday by Manhattan which is proctored by Noah, Manhattan's director. He is an absolutely amazing instructor, probably one of the best out there. I'm also fond of Manhattan's LSAT books and I have been actively using Manhattan's forums for diagrams/explanations.

I don't have enough experience with any of the other companies to really comment on them. However, I did find Powerscore's LR/LG bibles useful.
amnesiac84 wrote: 2) Considering the short amount of time left are the online classes a good idea? Or should i wait until December and self study?
This really depends on whether you can prepare adequately in less than 2 months. Less than 2 months is pushing it a bit but realize that December will put you at a disadvantage since most schools use rolling admissions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anela00

Bronze

Post by anela00 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am

I'm taking the online Blueprint course right now and I think it's really great so far. (I've been doing it for about a month and a half).

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:47 am

KevinP wrote: As a consumer, I would recommend testing each course before signing up especially since it is a serious financial investment for you.
amnesiac84 wrote: 2) Considering the short amount of time left are the online classes a good idea? Or should i wait until December and self study?
This really depends on whether you can prepare adequately in less than 2 months. Less than 2 months is pushing it a bit but realize that December will put you at a disadvantage since most schools use rolling admissions.
+1

Attend the first session of a trial class and see who's a good fit. Beyond instructor quality and differences in curriculum, the big differences are class size, level of interactivity, and whether the class is actually live or a set of recordings (which is a different ball of wax).

As for Oct/Dec. you can shoot for October and push it to Dec. at the last minute if you're still not ready. We let student continue to study with us in these situations either through online resources or jumping into another class. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Good luck, whatever you decide! While it's probably obvious, remember that you're the most important factor in your prep -- I'm sure you could do well with any of the programs with hard work.

allthatglambition

New

Post by allthatglambition » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Noah,

Does ManhattanLSAT offer any preview classes?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:47 pm

allthatglambition wrote:Noah,

Does ManhattanLSAT offer any preview classes?
Someone is going to accuse you of being an MLSAT employee for asking that!

We do have some public "workshops," which are previews of a sort - they're listed under each location on our site when you click on "prep options." There's also a recording of a live online one under our "LSAT Resources" section - "Free LSAT Workshop."

But, in the end, we encourage folks attend to session 1 as trial students, as it's obviously the most authentic look at what our classes are like.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”