Help me choose between two different study plans Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ebb44

New

Help me choose between two different study plans

Post by ebb44 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:36 pm

I'm debating between one of study two plans. Any advice about picking one would be appreciated.

Plan A:
Study LG until I consistently score well on an entire timed section. (Where well means something like -3 or better)
Repeat for RC and LR
Do full length tests until consistently getting desired score. Possible due extra practice for hardest parts

Plan B:
Study LG for a 3-7 days then study RC, then LR, then. Periodically do full length tests to gauge progress, and study more for the section that gives the most trouble.

senorhosh

Bronze

Re: Help me choose between two different study plans

Post by senorhosh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:33 pm

ebb44 wrote:I'm debating between one of study two plans. Any advice about picking one would be appreciated.

Plan A:
Study LG until I consistently score well on an entire timed section. (Where well means something like -3 or better)
Repeat for RC and LR
Do full length tests until consistently getting desired score. Possible due extra practice for hardest parts

Plan B:
Study LG for a 3-7 days then study RC, then LR, then. Periodically do full length tests to gauge progress, and study more for the section that gives the most trouble.
i did plan A + B.
I studied LG until I got -3 or better. This took about 2-3 weeks of pure LG.
Then I went onto studying LR for a couple days (~5 days), then RC. Then I did ~5 PT's to gauge. I focused on my weak area (RC) and then did more PTs. Still in the middle of all this but it worked pretty well for me.

I think since LG is an area that you can improve the most in, you should dedicate slightly more time towards it because your gains will be greater than investing in LR/RC (IMO)

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:51 am

You should be taking full length tests under strict, real timing conditions. This is a must, as it's essential that you condition yourself to perform well for the 4-5 hours you're going to be taking this thing.

What I would recommend is taking 1-3 tests per week, depending on what you're comfortable with. Every day, unless you took a full practice test, you should drill one section and review it thoroughly.

Also, make sure you have extra photocopies of each LG section on hand so you can drill them as much as you want.

bountyxhunter

New

Post by bountyxhunter » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 am

I tried both plan A and something similar similar to plan B. Plan A worked better for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”