How do you get faster at LG? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JustSomebody

New

How do you get faster at LG?

Post by JustSomebody » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:30 pm

I can get all of the questions right, but it takes me way too long. Does just doing a lot of LG help you increase speed? As in, practice makes perfect? Or is there something I'm not doing right?

I suck at the trickier inferences, so I find myself writing out every hypothetical scenario for some of the questions, which wastes time.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Re: How do you get faster at LG?

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:38 pm

JustSomebody wrote:I can get all of the questions right, but it takes me way too long. Does just doing a lot of LG help you increase speed? As in, practice makes perfect? Or is there something I'm not doing right?

I suck at the trickier inferences, so I find myself writing out every hypothetical scenario for some of the questions, which wastes time.
I think the idea is that, as you understand the 'tricks' and 'methods' behind LG, it becomes more routine and mechanical, which makes you faster. Work on accuracy first, then practice until it becomes second nature.

lrslayer

Silver

Re: How do you get faster at LG?

Post by lrslayer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:47 pm

JustSomebody wrote:I can get all of the questions right, but it takes me way too long. Does just doing a lot of LG help you increase speed? As in, practice makes perfect? Or is there something I'm not doing right?

I found I go faster if I keep my pencil moving. For example, if you get to some question where you cant pick the answer immediately and its obvious you missed some inference then take 15 seconds to see if you get it. If you dont get the missing inference start plugging away at hypotheticals. Some people are against hypotheticals but I think they are great cause you can get your seconds back when they answer other questions! Also, when I attack a LG, I go in this order: the gimme question (usually first one), then start with the questions that say "if blase blah then what". Set up those hypotheticals and when you go back to answer the rest you can use that work you have already done! efficiency :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”