The LG Section (is this section really learnable?) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dkt14

New

The LG Section (is this section really learnable?)

Post by dkt14 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:12 am

Okay, I've just started studying for the LG section, and I am BARELY getting anything right. I am afraid that this LG thing will never be understood through my brain system. My friend, who took his first diagnostic test got barely anything wrong on the LG section( though he isnt doing well on the LR section), and this gets me even more worried.

Cut to the chase, will I ever be good enough to get 3- on the LG section through rigorous&repetitive practices? or is one NATURALLY good at these types of game problems?
Last edited by dkt14 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

firemed

Silver

Re: The LG Section (is this section really learnable?)

Post by firemed » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 am

Purchase LG Bible.

Totally learnable... in fact the most learnable section.

dkt14

New

Post by dkt14 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:39 am

firemed wrote:Purchase LG Bible.

I understand that it is the most learnable section of the LSAT, but how much can I improve? or it just depends on time and effort that I put into?

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:47 am

dkt14 wrote:

I understand that it is the most learnable section of the LSAT, but how much can I improve? or it just depends on time and effort that I put into?
Put the next 3 months into studying for LSAT with LG being 1/3 of your total studying (then 1/3 PTs and 1/4 LR with the remainder in RC), averaging 20 hours of studying per week, using the LG Bible and you will improve 5-10 points with most of those being in LG.

Time and effort put into LG will get positive results. It is partially your natural functioning, but anyone can learn LG to at least some degree.

dkt14

New

Post by dkt14 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:00 am

firemed wrote:
dkt14 wrote:

Put the next 3 months into studying for LSAT with LG being 1/3 of your total studying (then 1/3 PTs and 1/4 LR with the remainder in RC), averaging 20 hours of studying per week, using the LG Bible and you will improve 5-10 points with most of those being in LG.

Time and effort put into LG will get positive results. It is partially your natural functioning, but anyone can learn LG to at least some degree.
I actually have more than three months to study, in fact more than 7 months. Would studying for 7months prepare me enough to do really well on the LG section?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mickeyD

Bronze

Post by mickeyD » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 am

-15 LG diagnostic. 2 months into prep, averaging 8 to 10 wrong. Aced it on the real deal.

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:52 pm

On all my PTs I was averaging -7 on LG. Got -9 in June on LG. The next week I studied nothing but LG and did first untimed and then timed games over and over and over. At the end of that week on my next PT I got -0 on LG.

Anomaly? Perhaps. Improvement? Definitely. I think the moral of the story is practice practice practice. It's learnable.

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:07 pm

Just wanted to drop in and say as someone who could score less than -5 on all sections but could have double-digit incorrect on LG sections...I promise you that the section is essentially learnable if you just practice enough with it. You can change it around.

cking2014

New

Post by cking2014 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:23 pm

I was the WORST at the logic games. I couldn't even start them, let alone finish them. Now, with some training from the Princeton Review (whom I don't recommend for other reasons) I am able to get 0-2 wrong per game, and I am finishing 3 out of the 4 games in a timed test. It is the MOST learnable part of the test. Don't get discouraged, it WILL come to you! Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”