Kaplan Extereme Class, Thoughts? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dkang

New

Kaplan Extereme Class, Thoughts?

Post by dkang » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Has anyone taken the Kaplan Extreme class? How was it? Would you recommend it? and How many points did you improve?

Thanks

reepS

New

Re: Kaplan Extereme Class, Thoughts?

Post by reepS » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:37 am

Don't do it, it's only useful bc of it makes you practice LSAT stuff constantly, but it didn't make my score jump. It is only useful bc they gives you every practice test ever, which you can use on your own. With them my score from cold diag of 144 went up to 151. Studying my own way the last 2 weeks before the LSAT got me a 160. I suggest you look elseware. I hear good things about testmasters.

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 am

Not worth the money. I personally recommend Blueprint all the way. The instructors are fantastic, you get more instruction hours than Kaplan Extreme, and all the same materials and then some (as far as I know, Kaplan doesn't offer video explanations to Logic Games and Logical Reasoning questions like Blueprint does).

Sloth Hero

Bronze

Post by Sloth Hero » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:48 am

Doing Kaplan Extreme now.

I'm really only taking it because my parents said if I wanted to study for LSAT instead of having a job, they required wanted some structure -- else they'd stop paying for tuition etc. Bleh.

Overall I'm disappointed in my classmate's abilities.

Smart teacher though. He asks a ton of questions and I answer most of them so we can move on. Hopefully Kaplan can help me with RC and give me a nice strategy. LR and LG is mostly a joke for me. I tend to get more wrong in RC than the other 3 sections combined. Scoring in the 165-169 range now. Haven't been prepping for more than a few weeks. My teacher is nice and encouraging though -- he is really pushing me to go for a 180.

Derp.

ant5do

New

Post by ant5do » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:38 am

Sloth Hero wrote:Doing Kaplan Extreme now.

I'm really only taking it because my parents said if I wanted to study for LSAT instead of having a job, they required wanted some structure -- else they'd stop paying for tuition etc. Bleh.

Smart teacher though. He asks a ton of questions and I answer most of them so we can move on. Hopefully Kaplan can help me with RC and give me a nice strategy. LR and LG is mostly a joke for me. I tend to get more wrong in RC than the other 3 sections combined. Scoring in the 165-169 range now. Haven't been prepping for more than a few weeks. My teacher is nice and encouraging though -- he is really pushing me to go for a 180.

Derp.
oh hellz, is that zizek as your avatar?

this could explain the rc problems, jk :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:45 am

Derp.
Edited for attention whoring

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:21 am

Derp.

Btw- If you're still missing ~8-10 questions combined on LR and LG, the joke is on you if you want to consistently be in the 170s.

WhoIsDonDraper

New

Post by WhoIsDonDraper » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:54 am

ant5do wrote:

Derp.
oh hellz, is that zizek as your avatar?

this could explain the rc problems, jk :)
Even though you added a jk at the end, having zizek as an avatar is worth a lolz. Plus Sloth Hero's response in itself is worth a LOLZ. Here is a conditional for ya sloth. Your teacher is pushing you for a 180 only if you pay him for the worthless Kaplan experience.

seanPtheB

Bronze

Post by seanPtheB » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:11 am

lol at sloth. you da shit homie.

Well, lol at me too I guess tho, because I took Kaplan extreme. This should sum it up for you OP: When we got to parallel reasoning questions, my teacher told us we should never do em, because they take too long and our time would be better spent reviewing other questions. Butttt if we were going to be really stubborn and insist on tackling them, he gave us the "Kaplan method that will allow you to get the right answer about 30% of the time." That method was matching the conclusion in the stimulus to the conclusions in the answer choices, and then picking one and moving on from there.

The class is meant for people looking to score in the 160 range, who have 0 motivation to study on their own, and need someone telling them what assignments to do every week.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:23 am

Use the search function - you'll find relevant advice on LSAT courses.

TCR = Testmasters for course or Powerscore books for self-study.

Sloth Hero

Bronze

Post by Sloth Hero » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:38 pm

I guess 'derp' was too subtle.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”