Finished LG Bible today. Difficulty lists? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
locthebloke

New

Finished LG Bible today. Difficulty lists?

Post by locthebloke » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:16 am

Hi all,

I’m taking the October test. I just finished working though the Logic Games Bible. I’m definitely stronger at games now, but I still have a really long way to go.. :? I want to start drilling, so I was wondering: is there any resource, perhaps online, that acts like the great appendix in the back of the LGB but also tells you the relative difficulty level of the PT games? (The PowerScore books have alluded to Law Services difficulty classifications). I have all three “10 Actual, Official” PT Books and I am going to make 3 or so photocopies of each game for drilling purposes. I was figuring after I have all my photocopies that I would make stacks based on difficulty. I’d like to start by drilling the easier games, and once I get comfortable and fast enough at those, go harder. So, does any kind of list showing difficulty exist?

Also, just asking as someone who has just finished the LGB and still considers himself a complete games novice. How were you at games when you finished the LGB? That is, how comfortable/good at them were you? As it is, I’m doing about 15-30 minutes a game. On a 7 question set I'm usually getting 5/7 without fail. I know I should focus on myself and not how others did, but I’d just like to gauge where I’m at. If anything, it will serve as extra motivation if you all were doing a lot better than me at my point in preparation.

Thanks for the advice/insights!

Luthecis

New

Re: Finished LG Bible today. Difficulty lists?

Post by Luthecis » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:25 am

I just finished the LG bible and I'm averaging 6-7 minutes per game,
and i do perfect on 50% of them while missing at most 2 points on the others.
(Working on that -0 that everyone recommends here!)

I think different people have difficulties with different types of games-
some people have difficulty with grouping games while some don't.
I'd say group the games by their types and drill extensively the ones that you're not comfortable with.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:04 am

locthebloke wrote:is there any resource, perhaps online, that acts like the great appendix in the back of the LGB but also tells you the relative difficulty level of the PT games?
I don't have a comprehensive list but the difficulty is also a bit relative to one's weaknesses. I would recommend drilling game types until you can do them in your sleep instead of focusing on game difficulty:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &p=1042536

Also, here's a list of the most difficult game types according to the LSAT blog:
http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/ha ... -hard.html

Finally, if you are struggling with linear games, I would recommend taking a look at Manhattan's LG guide, their method for linear games are far superior to Powerscore's. I also prefer their method for in/out games.
locthebloke wrote: How were you at games when you finished the LGB? That is, how comfortable/good at them were you?
The LG section is by far my strongest section so I didn't struggle with it even before I read the LGB. After I read the LGB, the games became a breeze. But don't get discouraged, a lot of my friends who were horrible at the LG section were able to get perfect or near perfect scores after drilling game types.

Sloth Hero

Bronze

Post by Sloth Hero » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:43 am

I wouldn't rely on an online resource to tell you which one is going to be the hardest for you.

Just do the different types of games, classify em' the way powerscore tells you, and your results should show you which ones you are struggling with.

But since you are still getting 1-2 wrong per game I would HIGHLY recommend not worrying about game times, or type. Don't be concerned about your time now, you should be more concerned about the fact that you actually are getting a few wrong -- if you are rushing yourself because you are concerned with how high the clock is ticking while you complete games, then turn it off. Take your time, and don't 'finish' a logic game until you are 100% positive that every answer you put down meets EXACTLY what the stem asks of you, and when you are 100% positive that EVERY other answer is wrong, and you have identified specifically why.

The only exception to this would be if you are only aiming for mid 160's and don't have much time to prep for the test.

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 pm

I agree that games depend on what the gamer is better at, but as someone bestowed on to me: http://www.kaplanlogin.com/dl/LSAT/lsat ... qrater.asp

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EarlCat

Silver

Post by EarlCat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Sloth Hero wrote:But since you are still getting 1-2 wrong per game I would HIGHLY recommend not worrying about game times, or type. Don't be concerned about your time now, you should be more concerned about the fact that you actually are getting a few wrong -- if you are rushing yourself because you are concerned with how high the clock is ticking while you complete games, then turn it off. Take your time, and don't 'finish' a logic game until you are 100% positive that every answer you put down meets EXACTLY what the stem asks of you, and when you are 100% positive that EVERY other answer is wrong, and you have identified specifically why.

The only exception to this would be if you are only aiming for mid 160's and don't have much time to prep for the test.
^^^^^THIS! We're over two months out, so the exception doesn't apply. If you can't nail every game 100% with UNLIMITED time, you have no business practicing on the clock (an occasional preptest notwithstanding).

locthebloke

New

Post by locthebloke » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. Just clarify, I'm not really timing myself. I just see how long it took me when I'm done. But perhaps for good measure I should move to a room with no clock at all. I'm sure it exerts some influence. :oops:

Thanks for the input and advice. I will definitely check out the Manhattan book (I am weaker at Linear than I am at Grouping)
I appreciate any more feedback.

EarlCat

Silver

Post by EarlCat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:57 pm

That was more for Luthecis, doing 6-7 mins while still missing Qs.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”