LG Bible Flashcards Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
locthebloke

New

LG Bible Flashcards

Post by locthebloke » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi all,

I've started the LG Bible and I'm wondering if these supplemental flashcards are worth it? Is anyone familiar with them? I'm almost through the basic linear chapter. What I'm going to do before tackling the the games is kind of make my own flashcards of the set up scenarios/resulting Not Laws as well as of the different inference scenarios presented and review. Would I be better served just making my own flashcards, or do the Power Score ones offer more?

Thanks!

gavinstevens

Bronze

Re: LG Bible Flashcards

Post by gavinstevens » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:09 pm

I've heard they're worthless if you already have the bible.

ShulmanSR

New

Post by ShulmanSR » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:55 pm

locthebloke wrote:Hi all,

I've started the LG Bible and I'm wondering if these supplemental flashcards are worth it? Is anyone familiar with them? I'm almost through the basic linear chapter. What I'm going to do before tackling the the games is kind of make my own flashcards of the set up scenarios/resulting Not Laws as well as of the different inference scenarios presented and review. Would I be better served just making my own flashcards, or do the Power Score ones offer more?

Thanks!
I would skip flashcards altogether and instead do as many full logic games as possible. A lot of people on TLS recommend doing the same problem multiple times until you can do it within time. I don't really think flash cards would be helpful...

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 am

Agreed. I don't see the point of doing flashcards for the LSAT.

inchoate_con

Bronze

Post by inchoate_con » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 am

gavinstevens wrote:I've heard they're worthless if you already have the bible.
Correct. Use the book and "anki" if you find spaced repetition beneficial. Leitner system works for recall, so you should know the material before using flash. Typing the info facilitates it. I bought everything, everything. Flashcards don't look good in the bookcase, anyhow.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:31 am

They're certainly useless if you don't have the respective bible, because all they do is exercise lessons learned. I used them in conjunction, and found them to be helpful.

If I had to retake the LSAT, I would use them again. HTH

Sloth Hero

Bronze

Post by Sloth Hero » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:22 am

ShulmanSR wrote: I would skip flashcards altogether and instead do as many full logic games as possible. A lot of people on TLS recommend doing the same problem multiple times until you can do it within time. I don't really think flash cards would be helpful...
Do they recommend doing them back to back? Or like a day or two in between?

ShulmanSR

New

Post by ShulmanSR » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 am

Sloth Hero wrote:
ShulmanSR wrote: I would skip flashcards altogether and instead do as many full logic games as possible. A lot of people on TLS recommend doing the same problem multiple times until you can do it within time. I don't really think flash cards would be helpful...
Do they recommend doing them back to back? Or like a day or two in between?
I think you should wait at least 24 hours, and probably 48+ between.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”