Best part time study method for retake? Advice please. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sammacd25

New

Best part time study method for retake? Advice please.

Post by sammacd25 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:33 am

Last edited by sammacd25 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cogitoergosum

Silver

Re: Best part time study method for retake? Advice please.

Post by cogitoergosum » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:39 am

I recommend obtaining as many fresh pt's as possible and taking them timed, then going over every answer you got wrong. If you have a couple of hours each day, you should be able to eek out a pt without an experimental section (35mins x 4 sections = 2 hrs. 20 mins). Then if you have more time to devote for the last 3 weeks, add an old section to simulate experimental. You probably have a lot of the necessary framework in place from the classes you've taken, and you just need to get timing/confidence/x factor going.

I was in a very similar situation to you, took the testmasters course, scored 165 on the real thing, started working at it again, scored 165 on my first 3 pt's in a row, almost gave up, but after a pep talk from a good friend, kept working at it. My last 4 pt's (after 17 pt's and counting) are 174, 178, 177, 174. All I have done is work through books on problem sections (powerscore lg and manhattan rc), and pt incessantly, being sure to review the questions I got wrong. There is a confidence and a timing thing that happened for me after around ten pt's that has made a big difference.

Also - if you do this, space out the new ones so you aren't taking all old or all new in a row. I have it so I take one of pt's 40-60 each week, and I have 1-39 to take about 3 per week whenever I can. Some people say the older tests have a little more generous curves, and can inflate your score by a few points.

Good luck!

cogitoergosum

Silver

Re: Best part time study method for retake? Advice please.

Post by cogitoergosum » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:39 am

And for whatever it's worth, I would recommend this over doing another prep course.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”