How to get back into the LSAT study mode Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
snodell

New

How to get back into the LSAT study mode

Post by snodell » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi all, I was going to take the LSAT last year but ended up postponing it due to work. I'm set on taking it this October and applying this fall and ready to get back into the study mode. Any advice on succeeding this time around?

Has anything changed in the LSAT world since last year? It seems as though the Manhattan LSAT books are becoming as popular as the PowerScore books. Can anyone confirm?

MRavvel

New

Re: How to get back into the LSAT study mode

Post by MRavvel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Listen to classical music. Especially music from the classical period like Mozart and Haydn. If you really "focus" into the music it helps you concentrate.

I wrote a paper on this once actually, it's called the Mozart Effect.

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:32 pm

You're correct. MLSAT is becoming all the rage.

z0rk

Bronze

Post by z0rk » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:37 pm

I can relate to your question because I have also been trying to balance studying while working full time (as a litigation paralegal, twelve hour days and weekends). Like you, I am returning to studying for the LSAT after something of a reprieve.

Snarky comments aside -- you really need to figure out a way to extend your work habits into the LSAT. Get to work early and study. Stay later and study. Study at lunch time, and for gods sake make sure you spend a decent portion of your weekends studying. The best thing you can do is pick up any old books, jog your memory, and then start drilling questions and tracking your progress.

cany

New

Post by cany » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Good to know that someone else is in the same boat as me.I hate myself for not studying as I should be with < 3 months left.Its get to break the interia.Once I get into the mode its better.Small rest breaks turned into a week :(
Blaming the full time job and cranky boss is not helping. :cry: :cry:

lebroniousjames

Bronze

Post by lebroniousjames » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”