How can I drill these Logic Games into my head? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NervousNelly

New

How can I drill these Logic Games into my head?

Post by NervousNelly » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Hello all,
I did the pithypike guide for this test (althought I did not do enough PTs).
I got a 167 (-4LR, -7LG, -2RC)

As you can see, I need to kick Logic Games in the behind. I did powerscore, and am going to do 30 practice tests before the October LSAT.

Are there any compilations of logic games to just go through and become better (and less mistake-prone)?

glucose101

Bronze

Re: How can I drill these Logic Games into my head?

Post by glucose101 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Sounds cliche--but what's your worst LG type? You can't say them all. Find out by looking at the spreadsheet you made for every game you took that includes time and number correct. (If you didn't make one, I feel like that was inefficient planning). Drill that type, along with extremely intense review.

There are careless mistakes, and then there are systematic mistakes. I feel like -7 (practically 1/4 of the section, or simply, a full game) isn't a case of careless errors primarily. I feel that a carefully planned diagram almost always ensures 100% accuracy. Or even if you miss questions, those are careless errors. So generally, I'd say work on diagramming/deductions.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:49 pm

NervousNelly wrote:Hello all,
I did the pithypike guide for this test (althought I did not do enough PTs).
I got a 167 (-4LR, -7LG, -2RC)

As you can see, I need to kick Logic Games in the behind. I did powerscore, and am going to do 30 practice tests before the October LSAT.

Are there any compilations of logic games to just go through and become better (and less mistake-prone)?
Cambridge by game type or you can just get the old PTs and use the LSAT blog to break them down by game type.

NervousNelly

New

Post by NervousNelly » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Glucose, it really was not something systemic--I missed two or so on each game, and when I looked it over later, I was instantly able to solve them.

I think I need a volume of questions, especially hard ones, that I can just plough through.

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Then perhaps you need to create more time for yourself so you can take questions slower. Better diagrams=more efficient workings.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:30 am

NervousNelly wrote:Glucose, it really was not something systemic--I missed two or so on each game, and when I looked it over later, I was instantly able to solve them.

I think I need a volume of questions, especially hard ones, that I can just plough through.
LSAT blog categorizes the supposed "10 hardest LGs ever"

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:30 pm

I recommend the Black and Decker.

iman

New

Post by iman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:33 pm

PSUdevon wrote:I recommend the Black and Decker.

loooooooooooooooooool I need one of those for every section :D

GoldenGloves

Bronze

Post by GoldenGloves » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Black&Decker FTW

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:04 pm

GoldenGloves wrote:Black&Decker FTW
Nah, Craftsman is way better. I say go with a impact drill.

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:06 pm

Get this book:

ACE the LSAT Logic Games

These games are tough!!!!!!!!! I also got a 167. Missed -6 on the October 2010 LSAT, which had an EASY LG section. I blow at LG, but I think this book helped me reach close to the top of my potential on LG. Missed -12 on June 2010 LSAT.

http://www.amazon.com/Ace-LSAT-Logic-Ga ... 0974853364

iman

New

Post by iman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:31 pm

nelaw2010 wrote:Get this book:

ACE the LSAT Logic Games

These games are tough!!!!!!!!! I also got a 167. Missed -6 on the October 2010 LSAT, which had an EASY LG section. I blow at LG, but I think this book helped me reach close to the top of my potential on LG. Missed -12 on June 2010 LSAT.

I bought the book but im not sure when to use it, like at what stage in the studying process, before/ after lgb..., also it has some none lsat pt questions, did you do those too?

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:26 pm

iman wrote:

ACE the LSAT Logic Games

I bought the book but im not sure when to use it, like at what stage in the studying process, before/ after lgb..., also it has some none lsat pt questions, did you do those too?
I did a few sections after the PS Bible. Then, before doing a PT, I would do a LG section from this book. So I was doing PT's with 5 sections, plus a section from this book.

Also, check out this site for AWESOME LG info: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

averagek

New

Post by averagek » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:20 am

ACE the LSAT Logic Games

are these real or fake?

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:44 pm

averagek wrote:are these real or fake?
Fake, in the worst way possible. From the publisher:
LSAC does not want you to see this book! When parts of ACE were posted on YouTube, LSAC (the LSAT creators) thought the games were from previous LSAT. Yes, ACE is really that good! It's good enough to fool LSAC.
They paraphrase actual LSAT games, so when you see them on a regular preptest, you'll realize about a minute or two in that you've already done that game. They also create a lot of their own games, some of which are okay, a few are good and many are non-realistic crap. I got this book used at a closeout or something for like $5. Pretty much a waste, even for someone who has already done all the published games and is looking for something new for casual practice, like I was.

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:05 pm

suspicious android wrote:
averagek wrote:are these real or fake?
Fake, in the worst way possible. From the publisher:
LSAC does not want you to see this book! When parts of ACE were posted on YouTube, LSAC (the LSAT creators) thought the games were from previous LSAT. Yes, ACE is really that good! It's good enough to fool LSAC.
They paraphrase actual LSAT games, so when you see them on a regular preptest, you'll realize about a minute or two in that you've already done that game. They also create a lot of their own games, some of which are okay, a few are good and many are non-realistic crap. I got this book used at a closeout or something for like $5. Pretty much a waste, even for someone who has already done all the published games and is looking for something new for casual practice, like I was.
I disagree. I think they are helpful, especially for someone like me who really struggled with the games. I got the idea to use this book from this guy (who got a 180):

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=120471

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”