June 2011 RC Feedback Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Post by Tainted_Praise » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Quan292 wrote:I'm mad we didnt get a black history themed passage today. I usually get all of those correct. I suck at the science and philosophy ones because I never understand the terms.
+1.... URM's for the win

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:
Quan292 wrote:I'm mad we didnt get a black history themed passage today. I usually get all of those correct. I suck at the science and philosophy ones because I never understand the terms.
+1.... URM's for the win

... decided against it

FarewellLsat

New

Post by FarewellLsat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 am

For once, I just want LSAC to mix it up and surprise us all with a passage about the subcultural contributions of middle-aged white Republican guys or something.

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:02 am

I was actually really annoyed about Chopin, because when I turned the page, I saw that name on the questions page and thought it would be about Frederic Chopin, and I rather like classical music. Nope.

Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Post by Tainted_Praise » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:02 am

FarewellLsat wrote:For once, I just want LSAC to mix it up and surprise us all with a passage about the subcultural contributions of middle-aged white Republican guys or something.
..........Keep dreaming my dear.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kls120

New

Post by kls120 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:06 am

kate chopin probably went to hell

baconpuffs

Bronze

Post by baconpuffs » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:06 am

FarewellLsat wrote:For once, I just want LSAC to mix it up and surprise us all with a passage about the subcultural contributions of middle-aged white Republican guys or something.
+ ∞

FarewellLsat

New

Post by FarewellLsat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 am

Am I the only one who noticed a fairly healthy amount of a particular letter as an answer in this section?

vodkashot

New

Post by vodkashot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:09 am

FarewellLsat wrote:Am I the only one who noticed a fairly healthy amount of a particular letter as an answer in this section?
You shouldn't pay attention to the letter choices unless it's something extremely egregious (e.g. 10 As in a row). It's just another way for LSAC to prey on our nerves during the test....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FarewellLsat

New

Post by FarewellLsat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:12 am

I know, but I never really analyzed it much until today (of course). I just didn't know if like 8 or 9 for a given section was excessive like I had here and in another.

FarewellLsat

New

Post by FarewellLsat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:13 am

I'm also not one of these 170+ PT types, so I could easily be wrong.

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 am

PSUdevon wrote:I was actually really annoyed about Chopin, because when I turned the page, I saw that name on the questions page and thought it would be about Frederic Chopin, and I rather like classical music. Nope.

omg. you just triggered my memory. ILU!

ev24

New

Post by ev24 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 am

The scored RC section was my last one and it was awful! RC is usually my best section, so the fact that this RC was so brutal is completely demoralizing for me. The worst one for me was the ocean passage. It was ridiculous and I honestly didn't retain any of the information from it, which led me to panic. Some of the passages from that RC section seemed more difficult to me than anything I had seen on PTs. I thought for sure that I would leave feeling the worst about the LG, but was completely wrong.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:39 am

I'm a little surprised everyone's been bitching about the LR, but nobody's talking about the comparative. Am I the only one who found it hard, or the only one who got to it?

rubydandun

New

Post by rubydandun » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:39 am

ev24 wrote:The scored RC section was my last one and it was awful! RC is usually my best section, so the fact that this RC was so brutal is completely demoralizing for me. The worst one for me was the ocean passage. It was ridiculous and I honestly didn't retain any of the information from it, which led me to panic. Some of the passages from that RC section seemed more difficult to me than anything I had seen on PTs. I thought for sure that I would leave feeling the worst about the LG, but was completely wrong.
I could have posted this...exactly how i felt. LG is my weakness, but i was CRUSHING them and was certain it had to be experimental. Lo and behold, it wasn't.

The RC passage about the ocean floors man...i DID. NOT. RETAIN. a thing. It was horrific. and even the first passage owned me about the seal fur and alaskans etc. And having the section 5th was the worst thing.

Jesus I hope we get a huge curve, bc this RC was brutal

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:41 am

PSUdevon wrote:I'm a little surprised everyone's been bitching about the LR, but nobody's talking about the comparative. Am I the only one who found it hard, or the only one who got to it?
I like comparatives. I do them 2nd. First easy passage. Flip to comparative, then the other two.

Bashy

Bronze

Post by Bashy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:48 am

PSUdevon wrote:I'm a little surprised everyone's been bitching about the LR, but nobody's talking about the comparative. Am I the only one who found it hard, or the only one who got to it?
I didn't think it was as difficult as another passage in the RC, so most of my bitching isn't directed at the comparative. I thought it was easier than average, but having said that I just resigned myself to -10 on RC alone.

/justalittlestitious.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ssushi

New

Post by Ssushi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:59 am

FarewellLsat wrote:I know, but I never really analyzed it much until today (of course). I just didn't know if like 8 or 9 for a given section was excessive like I had here and in another.

Yea i noticed this as well. I would get 3 or 4 of a letter in a dow and some sections only 2 or 3 of the answers were a particular letter.

chasy_price

New

Post by chasy_price » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:55 am

I am totally on the boat guys....

I mean RC has been my worst section and yes PT 50's RC pretty much killed me and today the RC was the last section and I just DIED......

Every single passage I was like "wtf" and had to guess pretty much everything on the sea floor.....

AWFUL

So, cancel or not??

rubydandun

New

Post by rubydandun » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:00 am

chasy_price wrote:I am totally on the boat guys....

I mean RC has been my worst section and yes PT 50's RC pretty much killed me and today the RC was the last section and I just DIED......

Every single passage I was like "wtf" and had to guess pretty much everything on the sea floor.....

AWFUL

So, cancel or not??
It seems to be the consensus that everyone screwed up WAY harder on RC than normal - which leads me to believe that the curve will be somewhat generous. Be patient and see what you get. It's what I'm doing.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:02 am

I actually felt fine after sea floor until I looked at my watch, then I was like FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Strange

Silver

Post by Strange » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:03 am

rubydandun wrote:

AWFUL

So, cancel or not??
It seems to be the consensus that everyone screwed up WAY harder on RC than normal - which leads me to believe that the curve will be somewhat generous. Be patient and see what you get. It's what I'm doing.
This is the only reason I'm hopeful. Does anyone think the RC was NOT difficult?

imbored25

Bronze

Post by imbored25 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:04 am

+1

kls120

New

Post by kls120 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:04 am

Strange wrote:
rubydandun wrote:

AWFUL

So, cancel or not??

This is the only reason I'm hopeful. Does anyone think the RC was NOT difficult?
I was also killed by RC but given the fact that LG and LRs were somewhat easier than the previous ones I think the curve won't be greater than 12
Last edited by kls120 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeags

Bronze

Post by Yeags » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:05 am

rubydandun wrote:

AWFUL

So, cancel or not??

Hm interested in this as well. I screwed up on the RC but felt fine about the rest. Decided to cancel my score tomorrow by fax. Seems like everyone in this thread screwed up more than normal but I've seen a couple of others in the June waiting thread who said the RC was pretty average. What do you think the curve will be like?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”