Q's about the Picture to be attached to Admission Ticket Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Cartman

Bronze

Q's about the Picture to be attached to Admission Ticket

Post by Cartman » Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Hey folks,

Anyone know if it can be a picture you took with your camera phone and printed out on your printer? I wouldn't see why not - it's clear and you can easily tell it's me...but I just want to make sure that they literally don't need you to get one that's like developed or anything.

In the recent email they sent out about it they said it can't be a photocopy of a photo, but a printed out photo should be fine?

cinephile

Gold

Re: Q's about the Picture to be attached to Admission Ticket

Post by cinephile » Thu May 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Do you have photo paper?

Cartman

Bronze

Post by Cartman » Thu May 26, 2011 3:47 pm

No

Does it matter?

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu May 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Don't know, but if it's printed on regular paper they may assume it's a photocopy.

It's best to go the safe route and attach a passport type photo. Besides, you'll have several extras left over for the next time you need an offical photo.

Cartman

Bronze

Post by Cartman » Thu May 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Ugh, I was afraid of that. I already attached the damn thing and everything. Does anyone else know if it's mandatory to be on photo paper? The thing is perfectly clear and there's no reasonable way they could assume it's anyone other than me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cartman

Bronze

Post by Cartman » Thu May 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Where exactly would I get a passport type photo?

As in, should I just use the same photo and go and get photo paper to print it out on? Or should I buy a disposable camera and get something developed or what?

I would think it silly if they wouldn't accept a printed out photo, but I want to make sure they don't just stupidly assume it's a photocopy.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu May 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Cartman wrote:Where exactly would I get a passport type photo?
Walgreens/CVS/etc. will do it really quickly/cheaply.

Can'texplainthat

New

Post by Can'texplainthat » Thu May 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Dany wrote:
Here is a coupon for $2.00 off a passport photo at CVS http://www.cvsphoto.com/passport-photos. With deals like this, we can all be out of our soul crushing law school debt in no time!

Cartman

Bronze

Post by Cartman » Thu May 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Haha, awesome! Thanks for the replies, guys.

Do you have to bring in a photo that you want made into one of the passport photos or do they take one their themselves like they would if you got your passport phot at like the post office?

Also, anyone know how long it takes? I.e. do it while you wait type thing or a day or two? I think I'll go try and take care of it tomorrow.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Thu May 26, 2011 5:02 pm

You are required by LSAC and the ABA to provide certified headshots by a licensed photographer. You could be disbarred one day for non-compliance.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu May 26, 2011 5:06 pm

They take it and it shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes. They give it to you right then.

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Thu May 26, 2011 5:18 pm

You can also go to your post office...just trying to get my posts up :)

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu May 26, 2011 5:19 pm

bruss wrote:You can also go to your post office...just trying to get my posts up :)
Keep working at it, grasshopper.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Thu May 26, 2011 5:25 pm

bruss wrote:You can also go to your post office...just trying to get my posts up :)
ORLY?

so how's your day been? :P

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Thu May 26, 2011 6:07 pm

I just got this e-mail. WTF?!

Is this new policy? I definitely don't remember having to do this for the December test. What a pain in the ass.... I can't even just print out a picture I have to go pay for one? that's pretty ridiculous.

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Thu May 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Can'texplainthat wrote:
Dany wrote:
Here is a coupon for $2.00 off a passport photo at CVS http://www.cvsphoto.com/passport-photos. With deals like this, we can all be out of our soul crushing law school debt in no time!

EXTREME COUPONING!!! :)

leche

Bronze

Post by leche » Thu May 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Do you think cutting your head and shoulders out of a picture is acceptable if there are chunks of other people's faces in the edges? I have a friend who still uses disposable cameras and she gives me a lot of doubles.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Thu May 26, 2011 10:51 pm

not sure. i emailed them at the address in the provided to ask that question so i'll let you know 3 weeks from now when they respond and the test is done with. :0

Cartman

Bronze

Post by Cartman » Thu May 26, 2011 10:58 pm

lakers3peat wrote:I just got this e-mail. WTF?!

Is this new policy? I definitely don't remember having to do this for the December test. What a pain in the ass.... I can't even just print out a picture I have to go pay for one? that's pretty ridiculous.
Yessir, this must be a brand new policy because I also didn't have to do this for the October '10 test I sat for. I also agree it's a pain in the ass, and it's even worse in that we don't exactly know what they will or won't take. How many people actually go get pictures taken/developed anymore anyways? Most people use digital cameras or camera phones that they can put on their computer and print out there. And we don't even know if we can do that without it being called a photocopy.

It's absurd, I agree. I'm just going to go into CVS tomorrow and get some there. Better safe than sorry, right?

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Better safe then sorry, I guess you're right. At the moment, I am still trying to prove a point that I won't be pusehd around by the nazi regime aka the LSAC but in the end I know that the ball is in their court and, I am probably going to go to costco and get $5 pictures if they dont clarify what the rule to me via e-mail but nevertheless, how annoying :roll:

Good thing I opened up the e-mail right? I read it for laughs, figuring it was going to be the same standard one they sent in December, then lo and behold there are some new rules to laugh about. They want a passport picture attached to our admission ticket and then a valid ID too. I mean honestly if someone was going to take the effort to forge a government issued ID, I don't think putting a fake picture to put on an admission stub is going to deter them

Funny story: during the break in December, I overheard an administrator yell at a test taker for using an electronic device. He then explained he was a diabetic testing his blood sugar. :roll: I laughed on the inside.

jortiz682

New

Post by jortiz682 » Fri May 27, 2011 3:40 am

lakers3peat wrote:I just got this e-mail. WTF?!

Alright, to get to the overarching theme of this, they're essentially trying to prevent cheating/plagiarism. My question is, as a cheater and someone who regularly thinks about ways to cheat on everything but has excluded the LSAT from that thinking because LSAT has precautions, is how does this prevent cheating anymore than 2 different handwriting samples at the beginning and the end of the test?

To me, this was always the damn near foolproof approach. They have your sworn statement, combined with your writing sample, of theoretically your own handwriting. That's nearly foolproof, in that you'll be hard to find someone who can mimic your writing AND score well on the LSAT, regardless of anything else. Yes, I see that there are still POSSIBLE (albeit neearly impossible) ways of cheating and getting away with it. But this just seems excessive .

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Fri May 27, 2011 3:48 am

Do you think the headshots from my most recent modeling shoot would be ok? I'm not wearing much but I could have the photographer crop it to just above the shoulders.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri May 27, 2011 4:02 am

naterj wrote:Do you think the headshots from my most recent modeling shoot would be ok? I'm not wearing much but I could have the photographer crop it to just above the shoulders.
pics or gtfo

plum

Bronze

Post by plum » Fri May 27, 2011 4:22 am

is this a new thing? i don't remember doing this last yr

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 am

plum wrote:is this a new thing? i don't remember doing this last yr
Yes it is new.