Logic Game Advice Please Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bardreams

New

Logic Game Advice Please

Post by bardreams » Sun May 22, 2011 4:34 pm

So I've been studying for the June LSAT for a couple of months now and it seems I still can't quite tackle the logic game section effectively. I get about 75-80% of the logical reasoning/reading comp questions right, but only get around 55-65% of the games right. My main problem is that when I am diagramming I fail to make key inferences and occasionally even set the game up incorrectly. I've been using the Games Bible and Games Workbook, and am looking for other advice on logic games. I've been trying to set my games up the same way that Powerscores teaches.

I know there's only a week or two of studying left, but I feel that it something I can improve on if I focus solely on that for the next 10 days or so.

Any advice is appreciated.

GoldenGloves

Bronze

Re: Logic Game Advice Please

Post by GoldenGloves » Sun May 22, 2011 4:52 pm

What types of games are giving you trouble - basic or advanced linear, grouping, combination games? Or do you seem to be having trouble across the board?

If you haven't done so already, make copies of all the games from PTs 19-38, categorize them & drill, drill, drill (including the same games, repeatedly) Head to to the Cambridge LSAT site & get their free games tracker spreadsheet if you need help tracking your progress when you redo the same game.

If you're set on June, you probably don't have time to go through the manhattan guide for LG, but if you decide to postpone, maybe pick that up & see if you find their strategies more effective for you.

bardreams

New

Re: Logic Game Advice Please

Post by bardreams » Sun May 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks for the advice I guess I'll keep drilling from those games. I'm having trouble mainly with grouping games or underfunded games for some reason. They're especially tricky for me when partially/undefined.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”