2 weeks left and still not stable Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JD=Doctor

Bronze

2 weeks left and still not stable

Post by JD=Doctor » Sun May 22, 2011 1:54 am

Last week i got the highest i ever got on PT

Lr1 -2
Lr2 -2
LG -0
RC -3

My LR fluctuates from -3 to -6 total for both sections combined
my games are -0 and sometime an error or 2

the prob is my reading comp ... the above was great my last 2 PTs were -8 and -9 which butchered my scores..

i range from -3 to -9 on RC How should i devote my study time with RC this week - as in how should i approach it?

soj

Platinum

Re: 2 weeks left and still not stable

Post by soj » Sun May 22, 2011 1:59 am

Your LR fluctuations are completely normal. Focus on individual questions that were tough and make sure you fully understand them.

Keep working hard on LG to secure that -0 on test day. Be more vigilant and make fewer mistakes, but that's obvious.

RC is tough, and that kind of score variation isn't too uncommon. I have huge variations in RC myself. It's so hard because you're the only one who can evaluate and improve your strategy here. Drilling (i.e. doing more than 1-2 consecutive RC sections, followed by extensive review) might help.

justbubbles

Bronze

Post by justbubbles » Sun May 22, 2011 4:04 am

I agree with the above poster's advice. That's solid.

I'm more or less in the same ballpark as OP. That said, some comments and questions to OP and others:

1. LR: -2/-3 (average) to -6 (on a bad day) is pretty much common for me as well. I'm sure it's for everyone else as well. '
Question: OP, are your LR errors in the last questions 20+ and above? Or a mixed bag with some careless mistakes early on?

2. RC: Yep, I agree with the above poster on this one. RC, I think, is challenging for mostly everyone. :(
Question: OP, are getting more wrongs on the passages that are not your forte? eg. science type, boring history/literature type passages?

3. LG: LG is my strong point as well. I've had -0's in the past few latest PTs now. :lol: Although, I wouldn't be too confident on the -0s. On test day anything can happen.
Question: OP, for LGs, are you getting stuck on the new "rule substitution" type questions? I hate those!!! Arrgh! :x

JD=Doctor

Bronze

Post by JD=Doctor » Sun May 22, 2011 5:33 am

justbubbles wrote:I agree with the above poster's advice. That's solid.

I'm more or less in the same ballpark as OP. That said, some comments and questions to OP and others:

1. LR: -2/-3 (average) to -6 (on a bad day) is pretty much common for me as well. I'm sure it's for everyone else as well. '
Question: OP, are your LR errors in the last questions 20+ and above? Or a mixed bag with some careless mistakes early on?

2. RC: Yep, I agree with the above poster on this one. RC, I think, is challenging for mostly everyone. :(
Question: OP, are getting more wrongs on the passages that are not your forte? eg. science type, boring history/literature type passages?

3. LG: LG is my strong point as well. I've had -0's in the past few latest PTs now. :lol: Although, I wouldn't be too confident on the -0s. On test day anything can happen.
Question: OP, for LGs, are you getting stuck on the new "rule substitution" type questions? I hate those!!! Arrgh! :x
1. tend to be after Q#15 (when i check the clock for the first time to see if i did 15 questions in 16minutes) its tends to be #17 and #22 for example

2. I will check for parallels but when i get a bad score its usually a result of 2 passages messing me over

3. Those if approached correctly can be your easiest question. PM me a certain game and ill try and show you

sonervous88

Bronze

Post by sonervous88 » Sun May 22, 2011 9:07 am

don't know if this is helpful but the last few weeks before i was taking it i was ranging 170-179. i think not being so stable is normal. but i could be wrong. if it makes you feel better i ended with a 172, so it was the lower end of my scale but not the bottom.

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Sun May 22, 2011 9:40 am

sonervous88 wrote:don't know if this is helpful but the last few weeks before i was taking it i was ranging 170-179. i think not being so stable is normal. but i could be wrong. if it makes you feel better i ended with a 172, so it was the lower end of my scale but not the bottom.
I sympathize completely. Prior to Feb 2011 LSAT, I was ranging 160-170, and ended up with 160. Same thing happening again this time. I'll try and use the advice above.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”