LG from how many PT's? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rotar

New

LG from how many PT's?

Post by rotar » Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 pm

I have read a few study guides and searches on this and came up with nothing too useful

my weakest section is by far LG. I can get the questions correct i just take too long. Consequently I am planning to master LG before anything else.

My question is at what point should i stop taking questions from PT's? As in i am ruining tests i could take and get an accurate score in the future by doing the LG from that test to practice. I know the latest 10-15 PT I am not planning on looking at for anything but full tests as these are the newest and most similar to the real test. If i went up to say pt 45 and used all those LG would i have an adequate number of full tests to take in the future? I am planning on studying LG similar to LGB and master one type after another but instead of mixing it with all the other sections over months i want to master the LG section in a month or so and then move onto the other sections while still practicing LG's once in awhile just so they get the most practice.

Any advice on studying LG is appreciated.

Thanks

delusional

Silver

Re: LG from how many PT's?

Post by delusional » Thu May 19, 2011 10:47 pm

rotar wrote:I have read a few study guides and searches on this and came up with nothing too useful

my weakest section is by far LG. I can get the questions correct i just take too long. Consequently I am planning to master LG before anything else.

My question is at what point should i stop taking questions from PT's? As in i am ruining tests i could take and get an accurate score in the future by doing the LG from that test to practice. I know the latest 10-15 PT I am not planning on looking at for anything but full tests as these are the newest and most similar to the real test. If i went up to say pt 45 and used all those LG would i have an adequate number of full tests to take in the future? I am planning on studying LG similar to LGB and master one type after another but instead of mixing it with all the other sections over months i want to master the LG section in a month or so and then move onto the other sections while still practicing LG's once in awhile just so they get the most practice.

Any advice on studying LG is appreciated.

Thanks
Good move. it's a lot easier, and a lot less productive, to focus on what you're good at in the name of "staying sharp", while never really mastering what you're not good at. (I made that mistake once...)

IMHO, LG separates into the early ones - up to 38, the middle ones - 39 - 50ish, and the more recent ones - 50 to the present. The earliest are the toughest, the middle are the easiest, and from fifty onward, especially later they tend to stick more monkey wrenches in.

I would suggest, therefore, that you start with the earlier, and really get used to the real bitch games, and then start taking full tests at around 45 - easy enough that you won't get discouraged, but leaving yourself enough room to build up to the present day tests.

rotar

New

Re: LG from how many PT's?

Post by rotar » Thu May 19, 2011 11:17 pm

i thought i read somewhere that the first ones are harder but that they have changed in style over the years. I just dint want to make the mistake of taking too many from PT and spoiling to many tests. I guess even if I almost master the lg then move on i will pick up what i need in the lg section taking the full tests. I have done most the basic and advanced linear games from the first 10 actual test book and found them overall to be much easier than the ones in the LGB. I still hate any question that say whats a complete list of... i cringe anytime i see that.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”