LSAT score on Resume? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Should I put my LSAT score on my (PRE-LAW) Resume?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 16

doing_it_in_a_car

Bronze

LSAT score on Resume?

Post by doing_it_in_a_car » Tue May 10, 2011 6:21 pm

I'm planning to work a few years before law school - currently applying for paralegal/legal assistant/entry-level office positions. Should I include my LSAT score (171) with the rest of my skills/miscellaneous? Will employers consider this cocky or helpful?

bk1

Diamond

Re: LSAT score on Resume?

Post by bk1 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:24 pm

I wouldn't do it unless it was in a field where employers like seeing high standardized test scores (I think finance/business comes to mind, but I could be wrong on that one). So generally I would not.

ETA: To elaborate more, I don't think they would care either way in most situations. If you do do it, put the percentile you placed in rather than a score, or at least in addition to it, considering the number would be meaningless to most people since they don't know about the LSAT.
Last edited by bk1 on Tue May 10, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:25 pm

I see resumes all the time, often they include MCAT scores. I can't speak for the legal profession, but no one bats an eye at an MCAT score because it's apropos, as I would think an LSAT score would be?

doing_it_in_a_car

Bronze

Post by doing_it_in_a_car » Tue May 10, 2011 8:29 pm

bk187 wrote:I wouldn't do it unless it was in a field where employers like seeing high standardized test scores (I think finance/business comes to mind, but I could be wrong on that one). So generally I would not.

ETA: To elaborate more, I don't think they would care either way in most situations. If you do do it, put the percentile you placed in rather than a score, or at least in addition to it, considering the number would be meaningless to most people since they don't know about the LSAT.
That makes sense, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”