Something that needs to be said regarding postponing Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
darkatillam2

Bronze

Something that needs to be said regarding postponing

Post by darkatillam2 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm starting this thread because I think this fact goes overlooked by those who constantly tell people who are not quite ready (meaning they haven't hit their initial score goal) for the June LSAT to just postpone to October.

For those who are considering this, you need to remember if you choose to postpone then you only have one chance at getting your LSAT done and getting your apps in during the early part of the cycle. That means, if some family emergency, you get sick in the days before the test, relationship problems arise which effect you mentally, whatever life throws at you, you pretty much have to take unless you plan on postponing again til December which will def hurt your chances being that many many apps have already been submitted and reviewed.

Yes, I'm sure you can make the argument to postpone if you think you will pull some ungodly increase from June to Oct, or even Oct to Dec. However, you should be realistic about those increases, and then pray life doesn't hit you with something huge right before test day.

Honestly, I like the idea of taking in June, if I feel that if I did poorly, cancel. If I think I did well, get my results, and retake in Oct for an increase if need be (yes schools like just one great score, but I think this point is overemphasized).

Just something to think about before postponing. Again, I'm not saying you shouldn't if you feel it's right for you. Just keep in mind all the factors when making the decision. Cheers

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Something that needs to be said regarding postponing

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon May 09, 2011 7:46 pm

good point man. I think if you have studied hard for 3 months you should go ahead. Most of the people I suggest postponement to are those that only have a month or so to study.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”