Hit the Wall - Raw 65 - Please advise Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
accuratesite2020

New

Hit the Wall - Raw 65 - Please advise

Post by accuratesite2020 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:35 am

After 12 (5-section) PTs (Mostly in the early 30's and 40s, with 55 and 57) I cannot get over a 65 Raw. I do the following on a daily basis:

LG: 3 Redo games - 2 New ( from a pool of 80 LGs from PT 28-48)

LR: 20-25 Qs ( Mix-up from all Q types or focus on one area like Assumptions, Flaw etc) + Review.

RC: 4-8 Passages, up to 12 if I am on a roll ( Time Each Passage Separate)

The rest of my time is spent reviewing PTs or getting myself organized for the next day. I enjoy putting in a solid 4-6 hours a day, but come PT time I find myself getting rushed on games and dropping the ball usually on the 1st LR section.

I am already into a 2 PT a week schedule plus the above and I want to institute a new regimen in a week of adding timed sections to my daily grind. Should I step up the PTs/Review or should I back off and keep plugging away questions and review?

I really want to get over the mid 60s Raw Wall and get near that 160+ mark. I've made huge strides from my 1st diag. of a 137 in November thanks to TLS and the persistence of practice. June is quickly approaching and I was planning on starting a 3-4 PT a week schedule come May 3rd. Again, should I start now? or am I doing everything I can. Thanks.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: Hit the Wall - Raw 65 - Please advise

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:38 am

accuratesite2020 wrote:After 12 (5-section) PTs (Mostly in the early 30's and 40s, with 55 and 57) I cannot get over a 65 Raw. I do the following on a daily basis:

LR: 20-25 Qs ( Mix-up from all Q types or focus on one area like Assumptions, Flaw etc) + Review.

The rest of my time is spent reviewing PTs or getting myself organized for the next day. I enjoy putting in a solid 4-6 hours a day, but come PT time I find myself getting rushed on games and dropping the ball usually on the 1st LR section.

I am already into a 2 PT a week schedule plus the above and I want to institute a new regimen in a week of adding timed sections to my daily grind. Should I step up the PTs/Review or should I back off and keep plugging away questions and review?

I really want to get over the mid 60s Raw Wall and get near that 160+ mark. I've made huge strides from my 1st diag. of a 137 in November thanks to TLS and the persistence of practice. June is quickly approaching and I was planning on starting a 3-4 PT a week schedule come May 3rd. Again, should I start now? or am I doing everything I can. Thanks.
I'll be happy to give more pointers if you can tell me a breakdown of your most recent PT- how many missed/section.

If you're running out of time on the logic games, first make sure your methods are sold. (I suggest working through the Logic Games Bible even if you think you're ok- it's the little tips and tricks that give you an edge. Then, do a game as quickly as you can while being accurate. See how long it takes (say, 11 minutes). Start setting a timer for 10:30 for each game and try to beat the clock. Then 10 minutes, then 9:30 and so on.

Let me know what you're other problems are, and I'll try to help. I took it three times, so I have lots of practice fine-tuning.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:50 am

accuratesite2020 wrote:I do the following on a daily basis:

About 3x too much. If you're doing this 7 (or even five) days a week, you're probably ripe for burnout.

Take 3-5 days off, and then when your mind has been sufficiently cleared, sit down and take a new PT. If you want to keep a schedule like this, I'd recommend using it on less than half of the days that you do study (and yes, you need to sprinkle in days where you don't at all).

What exactly are your problems on the timed PTs? Are your time problems on LG borne out in the above practice? What do you mean by "dropping the ball" on LR?

nigelfrost

Bronze

Post by nigelfrost » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:52 am

You need to NOT take the LSAT.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 am

nigelfrost wrote:You need to NOT take the LSAT.
You need to stop being a jerk.

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:03 am

incompetentia wrote:
accuratesite2020 wrote:I do the following on a daily basis:

About 3x too much. If you're doing this 7 (or even five) days a week, you're probably ripe for burnout.

Take 3-5 days off, and then when your mind has been sufficiently cleared, sit down and take a new PT. If you want to keep a schedule like this, I'd recommend using it on less than half of the days that you do study (and yes, you need to sprinkle in days where you don't at all).

What exactly are your problems on the timed PTs? Are your time problems on LG borne out in the above practice? What do you mean by "dropping the ball" on LR?
+1. Studying at this rate you have a high chance for burnout. Even worse, you may run out of newer practice tests to take; you don't want to have 2-3 weeks till your test date and no new PTs to take.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”