score inflation? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
epark84

New

score inflation?

Post by epark84 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:34 am

i studied for 5 months and took the Dec 2010 lsat. i felt like i could score a little higher, so I started studying for a retake. For the last two months I've been focusing on specific weaknesses, fine tuning with work on individual sections. i'm now re-doing PTs that i took roughly 4-5 months ago, and consistently score in the 172-177 range. This is roughly 6-10 points higher than when I took each one the first time.

can someone who has done a retake share about their thoughts on redoing practice tests with a few months in between? i know that score inflation is present, but i wonder to what extent, and if the PTs i'm taking can be a real indicator of my current ability. thanks

suspicious android

Silver

Re: score inflation?

Post by suspicious android » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:52 am

epark84 wrote:i studied for 5 months and took the Dec 2010 lsat. i felt like i could score a little higher, so I started studying for a retake. For the last two months I've been focusing on specific weaknesses, fine tuning with work on individual sections. i'm now re-doing PTs that i took roughly 4-5 months ago, and consistently score in the 172-177 range. This is roughly 6-10 points higher than when I took each one the first time.

can someone who has done a retake share about their thoughts on redoing practice tests with a few months in between? i know that score inflation is present, but i wonder to what extent, and if the PTs i'm taking can be a real indicator of my current ability. thanks
Just focus on your section by section score. Your scaled score is pretty meaningless for an exam you've already done. It's actually pretty meaningless overall for even a fist time taker, but hard not to focus on.

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Re: score inflation?

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:53 am

All I can go off of is my own experience. I took one of the practice tests under times conditions and got 1XX. About 2 to 3 months later I took the same test (by accident) and scored about 3 points higher. I don't know if that experience is typical or not, but ya.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”