Skipping initial Testmasters Diagnostic? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mickeyD

Bronze

Skipping initial Testmasters Diagnostic?

Post by mickeyD » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:32 am

So I've been self studying since February, but I've also decided to take a Testmasters course. Today is my first Testmasters diagnostic (it's in 2 hours) and I'm leaning towards skipping it. From what I understand, it's simply to gauge where I'm at, and there will not be a comprehensive 4 hour review afterwards. I've already taken several PTs so I don't think that this is necessary, and I don't want to waste a perfectly good PT for no reason (I'm pretty sure they use a very recent PT for this diagnostic, I've heard June 08, which I would like to save for May.)

Am I being irrational or is it worth it to save a valuable preptest like the one this will surely be? I don't think need a "baseline" score, I'm taking the class to benefit from the lessons. I plan on taking the future diagnostics, but I don't want to waste this test so early.

incompetentia

Gold

Re: Skipping initial Testmasters Diagnostic?

Post by incompetentia » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:35 am

I wouldn't worry about burning one recent test to see where you are. It's difficult to study unless you know what your strengths and weaknesses are.

Now if you're using five or six of the 51-60 tests this early, that might be a problem.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:40 am

I would say go. Whatever you think you know about your abilities will be dwarfed by what that test will be able to show you. They generate a lot of helpful data from it and will be able to pinpoint problem questions for you. Since the class is divided by specific question types and attacks, this is invaluable. Their system is somewhat proprietary so you really need their data about your performance to match it up with the outline of the course. You really lose nothing by taking the PT; nothing. In the end, they are still going to put dozens more tests in front of you. Save nothing. Just my .02; do what you will though.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:41 am

What incompetentia said. One test won't be too bad. Will you at least get the test back so you can analyze your mistakes? If so, I say go for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”