New 10 LSAT book Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
vamos

New

New 10 LSAT book

Post by vamos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:07 pm

This might be old news, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

I was browsing the LSAC website and saw that a new 10 LSAT book containing PTs 52-61 has been released. 10 new LSAT preptests for $23.95! :D

mac35352

Bronze

Re: New 10 LSAT book

Post by mac35352 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:11 pm

vamos wrote:This might be old news, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

I was browsing the LSAC website and saw that a new 10 LSAT book containing PTs 52-61 has been released. 10 new LSAT preptests for $23.95! :D
Great, this is good news!

sighsigh

Bronze

Post by sighsigh » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

OMG like 3 weeks too late. I spent $80+ when I could of spent $24? :cry:

polevaulter

New

Post by polevaulter » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 pm

When did this come out? Here is the direct link to it:
https://os.lsac.org/Release/Shop/PublicationDetail.aspx

polevaulter

New

Post by polevaulter » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:29 pm

sighsigh wrote:OMG like 3 weeks too late. I spent $80+ when I could of spent $24? :cry:
The same exact thing happened to me :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Sweet! LSAC stuck to their word. Several years ago they said they were waiting to release another '10 book' until they had 10 administered disclosed tests with comparative reading RC passages to put in it and that is what they did.

Apparently it was just released and listed on the LSAC web page. It is not listed on Amazon yet. Hopefully they have actually printed them and have them ready to ship already, because sometimes they have listed the most recent PrepTest available for sale to start taking orders before they've been printed and ready to ship.

If you order now you can claim that you got a 1st edition 1st printing run copy!

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Whatever happened to the 40s. I guess if we want them we have to buy them separately.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:14 pm

mac35352 wrote:Whatever happened to the 40s. I guess if we want them we have to buy them separately.
We're trying to forget about the '40s (because of the sudden onset of brutal scales and the fluctuation between some super easy game sections then back to harder ones), just like some people are still trying to forget about the '70s because of the odd fashions and music that also occurred for reasons nobody can explain.

--ImageRemoved--

(This is a must watch youtube!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CiOWcUVGJM

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:40 pm

vamos wrote:This might be old news, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

awesome!! vamos you rule!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:04 am

Jeffort wrote:
mac35352 wrote:Whatever happened to the 40s. I guess if we want them we have to buy them separately.
We're trying to forget about the '40s (because of the sudden onset of brutal scales and the fluctuation between some super easy game sections then back to harder ones), just like some people are still trying to forget about the '70s because of the odd fashions and music that also occurred for reasons nobody can explain.

--ImageRemoved--

haha...good one. Men wearing inappropriately tight clothe and ridiculous shoes.

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:10 am

Jeffort wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

on a serious note. I shouldn't buy the 40s? not even for LR drills?

polevaulter

New

Post by polevaulter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 am

Jeffort wrote: If you order now you can claim that you got a 1st edition 1st printing run copy!
That has to be the nerdiest comment I have ever seen on this forum--no offense.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:41 am

mac35352 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

on a serious note. I shouldn't buy the 40s? not even for LR drills?
If you are going to have time and motivation to work them all, get them all and do it. They are useful. It was during the mid 40's that the scales started to go a little haywire (like the -8 for 170 scale) and caused mass panic for a while with people thinking there would never be a -12 or -14 scale ever again and people were even wondering if -10 was going the way of the dinosaurs. It was just a slightly odd era with sudden big shifts and changes people didn't see coming, like what happened in the 1970's. That doesn't mean there is nothing to learn from it though.
Last edited by Jeffort on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Underdog180

New

Post by Underdog180 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:28 am

This is definitely a good deal and I was just about to buy each preptest separately which would of cost me at least 4x the price. Lucky me :D

Kurst

Bronze

Post by Kurst » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:37 am

mac35352 wrote:on a serious note. I shouldn't buy the 40s? not even for LR drills?
All preptests are useful: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7#p3949816

Clarity

Bronze

Post by Clarity » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:30 am

sighsigh wrote:OMG like 3 weeks too late. I spent $80+ when I could of spent $24? :cry:
I bought them all separately too. I feel your pain!

darkatillam2

Bronze

Post by darkatillam2 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:40 am

Linked, bought, and (hopefully) shipped!

Thank you LSAC

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:24 am

polevaulter wrote:
Jeffort wrote: If you order now you can claim that you got a 1st edition 1st printing run copy!

No offense taken. When you stay in the LSAT prep biz for a long time certain trivial things become exciting for nostalgia, especially when they involve mistakes LSAC made that slipped by for a while.

I still have an old version of one of the '10 books' that contains an LR question which was removed from scoring/reproductions of the PT after scores were released and it had originally been disclosed as a PrepTest because the question was determined to be flawed at some point after score release for the administration. The later copies of that PT in LSAC publications just say "Item removed from scoring" in its place in the section and an * in place of TCR in the answer key plus a footnote, but my copy has the full text of the question and its at administration time TCR letter choice included in the answer key with it factored into the scoring scale!

Also, my copy of the first edition of SuperPrep has some errors that were fixed in later printings of it.

But yeah, makes me super LSAT nerdy. :oops:

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:30 am

sort of like this, Jeffort?

leche

Bronze

Post by leche » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:11 pm

Jeffort wrote: Apparently it was just released and listed on the LSAC web page. It is not listed on Amazon yet
Any ideas when Amazon might pick it up? I have a gift card.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:sort of like this, Jeffort?

Hah! Nice reference.

Yeah, something like that except I don't think LSAC mistakes that made it into circulation will ever have the same collector value as that famous sheet of stamps.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Underdog180

New

Post by Underdog180 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Jeffort wrote:
polevaulter wrote:

No offense taken. When you stay in the LSAT prep biz for a long time certain trivial things become exciting for nostalgia, especially when they involve mistakes LSAC made that slipped by for a while.

I still have an old version of one of the '10 books' that contains an LR question which was removed from scoring/reproductions of the PT after scores were released and it had originally been disclosed as a PrepTest because the question was determined to be flawed at some point after score release for the administration. The later copies of that PT in LSAC publications just say "Item removed from scoring" in its place in the section and an * in place of TCR in the answer key plus a footnote, but my copy has the full text of the question and its at administration time TCR letter choice included in the answer key with it factored into the scoring scale!

Also, my copy of the first edition of SuperPrep has some errors that were fixed in later printings of it.

Does this mean we shouldn't buy this new 10 LSAT book because since it's the first copies it'll have some errors?

polevaulter

New

Post by polevaulter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Jeffort wrote:
polevaulter wrote:

:D

BeeNic

New

Post by BeeNic » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 am

Woohoo! I will be purchasing on Friday! Thanks OP! :D

lsapplicant07

New

Post by lsapplicant07 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:39 pm

I purchased this from LSAC on 27 March, it shipped on 28 March and arrived today. I can't speak to typos in the first edition but can say that they redesigned the cover with a snazzy new look that I consider a substantial departure from the rest of the series (for those of you who get excited about such things).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”