Bible advice... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
polevaulter

New

Bible advice...

Post by polevaulter » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 pm

I have to start reading my two Powerscore Bibles this week (LR and LG)...
Did most people just read these straight through over a certain number of days? How are you suppose to approach these books? I flipped through them and they look to be terribly long and boring--and I know that I have to read them. Whats your advice...Thanks.

OnlyLivingBoyinNY

New

Re: Bible advice...

Post by OnlyLivingBoyinNY » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi polevaulter. I don't know when you are planning to take the LSAT, but I made sure that I started early and had plenty of time to go through the LGB and LRB in case there were concepts that I needed to spend additional time with. If you are taking it in June, you will probably need to go through them a little more quickly. Also, if you can get your hands on a Kaplan Mastery book, I would recommend getting it. The book features some 700 pages of problems and solutions, separated by section and type.

A lot of people here recommend using lsatblog.blogspot.com for a study guide, as it will reference the bibles. I haven't used it, but it may be something you would be interested in looking at.

Good luck.

amorfati

Bronze

Post by amorfati » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Yes, definitely check out the LSAT Blog's study schedules. Very helpful!

beaubois

New

Post by beaubois » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:12 pm

I recommend going through them as soon as possible. They will teach you the basic techniques. You have plenty of time so make sure that you really understand each concept before you proceed. After you finish the books, you should take an official practice test giving yourself as much time as you need to finish each section. The score that you get on this non-timed test will be a realistic goal for you.

Reduce your section time only after you are able to get a score that you are happy with. Take as many of the published tests as you possibly can (it should be possible to take them all before June) and reduce your time as you reach your target accuracy.

If you don't think that you will have time to take all the published tests, you should take the most recent tests. This approach might seem like a huge undertaking but keep in mind that getting your best possible score can easily be worth $100,000+ in scholarship money.

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Hey there! I recently finished both bibles. I started with LR, I read a chapter every other day and read Chapter 6 on Conditional Statements twice because I felt like I needed reinforcement. After going over all the question types I made cards of the summaries in the back of each chapter to refer to them when reviewing my answers on Pretests. This is important, review answers and write down why you get them right and why you get them incorrect. It's the best tip I have gotten from this forum so far.
Now the LG bible is easire toread because there are less concepts and more drills. I divided the Chapter on Linear Games and the one on Grouping Games into two and dedicated one day to each of the other types. The LG bible will teach you how to diagram efficiently so you will probably see improvement quickly (or at least I did)
The bibles are not as boring as you think because they will teach you how to classify questions and techniques on how to actually differentiate between right and wrong answers. Go at your own pace or if you can't commit then follow one of the study schedules posted on the web. Someone mentioned the LSAT Blog above.
Best of luck!

polevaulter

New

Post by polevaulter » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies. I plan on taking the June exam...I'd better start cracking the books tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone...13 WEEKS TILL EXAM DAY!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”