Best Testing Centers in Orange County, CA Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Best Testing Center in Orange County

Whitter
44%
IVC
33%
Saddleback
11%
Concordia University
11%

Total votes: 9

houng89

New

Best Testing Centers in Orange County, CA

Post by houng89 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:11 am

Hey guys,

So I am getting ready for the June LSAT and I wanted to get some opinions about the testing centers in Orange County, South Orange County in particular. Also, the polls only refer to the testing locations for this coming LSAT in June, which is why Chapman is off the list.

I hear Whittier in Costa Mesa is pretty good. Also I hear Saddleback is good but when I went there last time I had a horrible proctor experience. I hear that IVC has gotten better with their testing center since it is in their newly built Business school, but I have taken summer classes there and some of their desks seem semi narrow. So what do you guys think?

Any and all feedback is welcomed!

kings84_wr

Silver

Re: Best Testing Centers in Orange County, CA

Post by kings84_wr » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:22 am

I think i recommended whittier to you before, but I found it pretty quiet and easy. Easy parking, lots of room inside the lecture halls, pretty laid back proctor/test takers and they even had juice and snacks or something out in the hall before the test. Of course this has been 3 years since i took it (which makes me feel super old now), but I doubt its changed too much. I've found that the little law schools are nicer to take it at then bit U-grad campuses.

I also lived in Costa Mesa at the time, so part of my recollection may be that it took like 5 minutes to drive there as well.

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 pm

I think Saddleback gets the most consistently good reviews in Orange County. I'm assuming your proctor experience last time was a fluke? Bad proctors can be anywhere.

Another good thing about Saddleback could be that you're already familiar with it, so it takes out the uncertainty (unless you were scarred by your experience, and don't want to return to the scene of the crime).

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Whittier without a doubt. It's super easy to find and is right off the 405 freeway. Very small campus, literally just a few buildings right next to the big parking lot so it is impossible to get lost on campus and there is no problem getting a parking space. You simply pull in, park and then walk 30 seconds to the buildings.

The rooms are really nice with big full long aisle to aisle table tops per row for desks so there is plenty of desktop space and the chairs are comfortable. Lighting is good and there is no risk of noise from other rooms or outside activities, plus there are a few vending machines with snacks and drinks by the bathrooms.

If it is the closest to where you live, go with Whittier.

houng89

New

Post by houng89 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:28 pm

thanks guys this helps a lot with deciding on the best test center in South OC

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Debate over dude take it at Whittier law school. The main reason is due to the large desks, ample space and comfortable chairs. When I took my LSAT it was an overall great experience with optimal test taking conditions. Best of luck on your test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”