Logic Games Templates Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Underdog180

New

Logic Games Templates

Post by Underdog180 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:51 am

Does anyone know when diagramming Logic Games, are you suppose to diagram templates too? Especially for those split-blocks that can go into like 3 options etc? I just started reading the LGB and working on the linear setup drills, and it seems like the Not Laws aren't enough to answer the question they pose, but at the same time I don't remember the bible telling me to write out templates up to this point. But, when you see the on the answer page, you can see the inference because the templates are shown for you.

Verity

Silver

Re: Logic Games Templates

Post by Verity » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:27 am

Yes, in a lot of cases you should write them out. Post one and I'll comment on it, but generally you should be able to infer important/powerful templates based on the Not Laws (assuming you recognized all of them). Sometimes on really tough games it's faster to just handle each question on its own; but generally speaking, writing out templates actually saves you time in the end, since you will be able to answer each question with lightning speed.

Underdog180

New

Post by Underdog180 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:39 am

Thanks for the reply. The thing is, when split-blocks have multiple options it seems like writing out the templates for each options reveals a lot. When based on just the Not Laws and mentally trying to piece every option in your head for the split-blocks on the diagram seems kind of confusing, but maybe it's just me. So that was the reason I asked if writing templates are usually recommended because so far going through the bible, it hasn't said so yet so I wasn't sure.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Underdog180 wrote:Thanks for the reply. The thing is, when split-blocks have multiple options it seems like writing out the templates for each options reveals a lot. When based on just the Not Laws and mentally trying to piece every option in your head for the split-blocks on the diagram seems kind of confusing, but maybe it's just me. So that was the reason I asked if writing templates are usually recommended because so far going through the bible, it hasn't said so yet so I wasn't sure.
Yes, and it's best to write out the split blocks and templates on a master diagram and LEAVE IT ALONE. Any local hypotheticals can be written out next to each question. Your question is a little premature though, because if you finish the LGB you'll read about all of this.

Also, read the whole LGB twice or more. The best thing to do is make sure all of the basics become automatic and second-nature.

EarlCat

Silver

Post by EarlCat » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Underdog180 wrote:Does anyone know when diagramming Logic Games, are you suppose to diagram templates too? Especially for those split-blocks that can go into like 3 options etc? I just started reading the LGB and working on the linear setup drills, and it seems like the Not Laws aren't enough to answer the question they pose, but at the same time I don't remember the bible telling me to write out templates up to this point. But, when you see the on the answer page, you can see the inference because the templates are shown for you.
I don't use the Bibles or PS techniques, but I always write out a template.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”