How to effectively study the LG Bible? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Underdog180

New

How to effectively study the LG Bible?

Post by Underdog180 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:55 pm

So I've just got done going through the Logical Reasoning Bible, and now I am going to focus on the Logic Games Bible. My question is how should I take notes or effectively study for the LGB? Because obviously LGB I'm assuming will have a lot of diagramming opposed to the LRB where it's based on words and more easily to take notes on etc. I've heard about people making copies of each game type? How is this done? Am I making copies of the game types in the Bible or Preptests? Any advice will be much appreciated.

mapes

New

Re: How to effectively study the LG Bible?

Post by mapes » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Okay so I wondered the same thing when i was studying for the LSAT. I took the LSAT twice, and scored way higher on my second attempt (170). The difference was the way i went through the logic games bible, and i only missed one the on logic games the second go-round (im sure i missed many more on the first try because it was my struggle-section).

The first time, I went through the book a few times, did the practice examples multiple times, made sure everything made sense to me, and then pretty much bombed on test day...

The second time heres what i did and it made the difference on game day... I photocopied every logic game from every practice test i had THREE times, and then separated them out by game-type (according to the logic games bible). Then i went through the LGB again, one section at a time. When i finished one section, i did every game of that type three times (never the same game twice in a row of course). By the end of it, there is nothing LSAC can throw at you that you aren't ready for.

I received this advice from pithypike's lsat study thread... http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =6&t=41657

I know this sounds tedious, and I don't know if you are good with the games section already, but i swear by this technique. the practice makes all the difference.

cheers

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”