LSAT prep course help Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Beatles4

New

LSAT prep course help

Post by Beatles4 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:39 am

Hey,

I was wondering if someone who has been through the process of studying for the LSATs can answer a few questions. I have started studying for the June LSAT and plan on enrolling for a prep course. The choice will be between Powerscore and Testmasters, but I can’t decide which is better; they both seem similar in comparison to me. I know numerous folks who took Testmasters and praise it constantly, but know no one who can vouch for Powerscore.

Secondly, I plan on self-studying in the earlier months leading up to June. As recommended by numerous blogs and “best lists” I came across, I went ahead and bought the Nova “Master the LSAT” book. After reading the first 50-60 pages or so, I personally find the book to be rudimentary at best. I want to get the Powerscore bibles, but feel that if I end up taking the Powerscore class, it will all be repeat. I was also told to not read the book by the company whose prep course you plan on taking since that way you will have knowledge of different strategies.

My questions then are: Powerscore or Testmasters for prep course and Nova “Master the LSAT” or Powerscore bibles for self-study?

Thank you in advance for any comments, I sincerely appreciate it.

Stonewall

Bronze

Re: LSAT prep course help

Post by Stonewall » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:43 am

Bibles and self study are the best way to go. You will save cash and understand the material just as well as with a class. All you need to do is be diligent, stick to a schedule and you will dominate the test -- good luck

Kurst

Bronze

Re: LSAT prep course help

Post by Kurst » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”