10 Actual, Officla, LSAT Preptests Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ChrisH1487

New

10 Actual, Officla, LSAT Preptests

Post by ChrisH1487 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:22 am

I have LSATs #9-38 (Feb. 1993- Oct. 2002). I wont be taking my LSAT until June and I plan on taking each one of these practice tests. My question is whether I should do the tests in order or should I mix things up and take them randomly. I know that the most recent tests will be the most useful, but is there a cut-off date where past tests no longer resemble the tests current incarnation and are no longer useful?

northwood

Platinum

Re: 10 Actual, Officla, LSAT Preptests

Post by northwood » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 am

get your hands on as many real LSAT tests aspossible. You will need them for drilling, timed section work, and full length prep tests.

Save pts 50-62 for the end. They are the "new trend" of the LSAT, and you will want to perfect your approach to the test using these ones. Use older ones to get the basics down, and to practics timing, accuracy, and to get an overall feel for the test. You will want to save the newer ones for last, bc you will need to perfect your endurance and get a strategy in place before you hit the newer ones.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:27 am

ChrisH1487 wrote:I have LSATs #9-38 (Feb. 1993- Oct. 2002). I wont be taking my LSAT until June and I plan on taking each one of these practice tests. My question is whether I should do the tests in order or should I mix things up and take them randomly. I know that the most recent tests will be the most useful, but is there a cut-off date where past tests no longer resemble the tests current incarnation and are no longer useful?
All the tests are useful; the most recent tests are just the most useful. I would recommend buying the most recent tests as well, and then starting at the oldest and working your way to the most recent. If you are limited on time, I would replace the oldest 10 tests with the 10 most recent. While even old tests are valuable, the most recent tests are by far the most valuable.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:28 am

northwood wrote:get your hands on as many real LSAT tests aspossible. You will need them for drilling, timed section work, and full length prep tests.

Save pts 50-62 for the end. They are the "new trend" of the LSAT, and you will want to perfect your approach to the test using these ones. Use older ones to get the basics down, and to practics timing, accuracy, and to get an overall feel for the test. You will want to save the newer ones for last, bc you will need to perfect your endurance and get a strategy in place before you hit the newer ones.
+1

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:26 am

northwood wrote:get your hands on as many real LSAT tests aspossible. You will need them for drilling, timed section work, and full length prep tests.

that is absolutely great advice. thank you

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”